The Barons shop tank

The Baron

The Baron
Reaction score
Hey guys just some pics of the tank I have at work (Barons Select)
The tank is a 480L cylindrical tank with a 150L sump. It has the following products running it. The tank has been running for 7 months now
TS2 skimmer rated for 750l water Bio rock live rock – kenyan 250W MH kit, plug and play 250W XM 20 000k bulb Reef octopus OPT 500 return pump 5000 lph Seio Flow pump 10 000lph X 2
jagaer heater 300 W automatic top up

Current livestock and corals
1x pajama tang
2x flame gobbies
1x watchman gobbie
1x 6 line rass
3 cleaner shrimp
starish
hermits
cockels
1x trumpet coral
1x pin cushion
lr with mushrooms
4 different zoas
2x monty
2x tube worms
1x kenyan tree
some more corals coming tomorrow
Fishtank001.jpg

Fishtank015.jpg

Fishtank014.jpg

P1000615.jpg

P1000607.jpg

P1000602.jpg

P1000630.jpg

P1000637.jpg

P1000646.jpg

P1000661.jpg

hello barron, welcome to MASA.

thats a lovely looking setup u have there:) i hope you ask many questions and share some of your experinces with us.:)

still very new to the game but will give my two cents worth where i can. Set up tank at home a week ago nothing as fancy as at work. Will open another thread for this

hehe, its a cray fish having dinner :)

Nice tank Baron, welcome to MASA.

Hope that lobster is not eating that clown :(

A very WARM WELCOME to MASA, Baron! What does "Baron's Select" sell?

Very glad that you found us, and joined MASA!

Sorry to see the clown fish that died. That would be the ONLY reason why that blue cray will be eating it.....

Otherwise the tank looks quite good. Needs to mature a bit though. Then it COULD look GREAT!

This is an "AquaH2O" tank, isn't? I have these tanks many times at their shop in Montague Gardens, Cape Town....

Good setup otherwise! Awesome skimmer! :)

Cool tank

Do you have any live rock ?

How do you keep the curved glass clean ?

barron, just a few thoughts on tank mates:)

that pajama tang as you call him will get big and aggressive. I know of a few tanks that have them and they are generally in the 1000l-2000l bracket, and that fish dominates the system. they are stunning fish but possibly not the best for a circular tank like yours as them like lots of space to swim:)

also thats an expensive meal for a lobster, but out of interest what else do you feed the fella and do you often see it?

what starfish do you have, can we see a pic:) can be difficult things to keep, depending on species.

lovely gobies you have there, especially that watchmans:)

is that one pic of a shrimp cleaning your clown fish?
dogsar guys are teasing u a little, but just to say it correctly that is a pic of a feeding lobster (blue) on a dead fish.

to my knowledge its only cleaner shrimps who are bright red with a central white stripe and white antenae which of the crustaceans will clean fish of parasites etc. the cleaner wrass being a fish is naturally rather different, and will clean fish but isnt a great tank mate as it doesnt have a great track recird for staying alive for a long time.

hope that clarrifies things slightly:)

Back
Top Bottom