Domino Damsels spawned today!

WOW WOW WOW as you Germans would say. Hmp exactly as i expected. :)

Very good info for you, MASA and all eyes interested. Well done.

Next question my wife asked. can and how do you tell the baby fish sex?

Absolutely amazing! Well done! And great shot, even if it is with a cell phone! Wow!

Yeah, I am kinda proud of myself. Nothing better, than a good record about the job.
It is mind blowing how far this larvae is developed in such short period. The eggs size is around 1mm and there is still space enough to turn around. Unbelievable!

WOW WOW WOW as you Germans would say. Hmp exactly as i expected. :)

Very good info for you, MASA and all eyes interested. Well done.

Next question my wife asked. can and how do you tell the baby fish sex?

Thanks Keith, I give my best here on MASA.

I try to understand your question, but I have my problems. What exactly do you mean?

Marcel you achievement and result is something we have never seen or published on a forum. No doubt many interested researchers will take note. Hat off to you for all your hard work and dedication.

The video reminded my wife of the ultrasound she had with our second borne. The quack told her the sex of the foetus so she asked if you new.

With regards to the wonderful video i would love to know what is happening and an expansion of thoughts.

Marcel you achievement and result is something we have never seen or published on a forum. No doubt many interested researchers will take note. Hat off to you for all your hard work and dedication.

The video reminded my wife of the ultrasound she had with our second borne. The quack told her the sex of the foetus so she asked if you new.

With regards to the wonderful video i would love to know what is happening and an expansion of thoughts.

Thank you very much, Keith.
Indeed, I don't want to be that arrogant to mention it myself, but you are damn right.
On Mofib they don't even have a picture from an egg of the dominos and here on MASA we got the "Domino Roll".
I could not see any "balls" under the microscope and I did not do much research about damsels sex yet. But as far as I know, they also change sex as the clowns do and get born sexless.

Concidering your age of 105 years now, it is very hard to imagine when you became a father, that there was such technology as ultrasound already available. Regards to your wife!

Last edited:

Keith, I still believe, my achievement to have bred the worlds first marine albino strain was just meant to be, to finance my further studies. I mean, I am in the breeding process for a bit more than a year now and not in full time. What I achieved so far, many others take years to achieve this.
When you read the thread about the yellow belly damsels, then you will get a prety good idea from what is in my mind. I did not raise any damsel through Meta yet, but I am already thinking of what I want to do next. Look at the pictures I posted from the different damsels. These species will be part of my hatchery if I succeed.
There is no doubt about it, if the damsels are going to eat rotifer, than I will be successful. If not, then I have to find a food source for smaller prey. I have to it anyway, because next after raising the damsels, mandarins and shrimps, I will go for dwarf angels. I got already a pretty good idea, how to culture livefood in quantity, that I can´t even see with the naked eye. Bur that will take some time.
Now you got my vision for my future. A shit load of hard work, but it will be rewarding. Not only in terms of cash.

Outstanding video, dare I say it is possibly a world first? At least from a hobbyists perspective. Well done Marcel. :thumbup:

Outstanding video, dare I say it is possibly a world first? At least from a hobbyists perspective. Well done Marcel. :thumbup:

Thanks Dean. You might be right, it could be the worlds first. I´m getting used to it.;)

Absolutely incredible Marcel! It's unbelievable. If you even need a well paid assistant, please give me a call! I would absolutely love to work on this type of project. :p The whole breeding thing fascinates me to absolutely no end! What you have done is nothing short of extraordinary! I salute you sir. Those images and videos are superb. Unbelievable and incredible all at the same time...

Sean is a fan.

Absolutely incredible Marcel! It's unbelievable. If you even need a well paid assistant, please give me a call! I would absolutely love to work on this type of project. :p The whole breeding thing fascinates me to absolutely no end! What you have done is nothing short of extraordinary! I salute you sir. Those images and videos are superb. Unbelievable and incredible all at the same time...

Sean is a fan.

Thanks Sean, then I will upload a few more pictures. For my fans, you know?;)

Back
Top Bottom