dive/fishing spots from EL to Durban

sounds good to me, whats a limpid? actually to be honest my main reason for going up is for a holiday and to save money by caching my own fish instead of paying an inflated price. so as far as getting whats available to me, there are some awsome things in our local fish store but the price. looked at a nivarcis going at R1100, i don't think i'll use that much on petrol even. also i have 2m tank that has been running for about a year with only a copper band and a blenny. would be awsome to cover some of my rock with T K zoas, tube worms, goldies etc. and who knows what i may find.

i do agree with you to some point though, i like to have more unusual marine life in my tank.

It is better to collect the blue eyed hermits, smaller tropical turban snails and neritas for algae control, check the zoanthids for problem snails. Try and get a pair of coral bandeds, the xenia types of soft corals don't often travel well but it is worth trying small pieces. I would look for nice varieties of algae on rocks as well as sponges. Limpets have a tendency to climb out unless you get species from deeper in the water. As you have seen from nudibranchs it is usually better to stay away from them unless you know enough about the species you find and what it feeds on. I would get any shrimps I find, unless I know it is just the normal glass shrimp.

there is a realy good chance that i will be stoping in E L to get something from leslie to give to topdogg. 3 more sleeps til i go:thumbup:

dude you are the man not long to go now you must be stoked
dude if you get convicts or browns i will defs take 1 off each
have a good one i wish i could come with would love to go but got work hey
enjoy dude take lotsa pics and see you when you get back

1 more sleep to go!!! i'm super stoked. i will definately bring back what i can. not sure i'll find a P B toppdogg, was tempted to buy one. but we'll c what i find and i'll report back in 6 days or so:). wish me luck!!

good luck boet
i know you will have an awsome time

aah, i seeee:w00t:. weather predictions not looking too good, but i am going and thats that. would love to find some browns, semi's, or even goldies. just hope mother nature plays allong. one more sleep!!! car is packed and i'll be on my way urly in the morning. even tinted my windows to keep the temp in the car down. so a wee bit of rain isn't going to stop me:nono::razz:

good luck dv8, all the best!! take lots of pics dude:thumbup:

not had any luck on this trip, bad weather and wrong winds kept all the fish away from the rock pools, not even the locals in coffee bay could find anything. found some zoas i'm glad about but thats all. one day left of my trip , don't think the weather is going to be good either but we'll see ,anybody going out in durban tomorrow? . anyone else had any better luck?

the water has been exceptionally cold down here in E.L. (13deg) havent even bothered surfing its been so bad.. its such a fickle time of year.. did you go higher up than coffee bay?

Hi DV8 -

I have not yet done it -- but really wanted to. Vetchies is a submerged reef. About 5 to 8 metres deep. So - you will HAVE to dive mate. Sorry...

One day - I too would have SCUBA dived vetchies pier! ;)

Back
Top Bottom