dive/fishing spots from EL to Durban

ive been to coffee bay last year and caught alot of stuff. are you looking for new stories?

Hi guys,

I'm going camping in T'K end Dec/Jan. Staying at White Clay and Anchorage hotel and camp site. Have not been there for 15 years. Where are good spots to snorkel in and around Coffee bay, Hole in the wall area?

Would apperciate some pointers.

Tim

last year we stayed in Coffee bay in Feb and there were fish everywhere. caught almost everything except goldies, up to date i havent spotted one! lol. there were so many lionfish we stopped catching them, wrasses galore. Caught a semi or old woman (not sure). caught puffers, filefish, surgeons, squirrelfish

Hi guys,

I'm going camping in T'K end Dec/Jan. Staying at White Clay and Anchorage hotel and camp site. Have not been there for 15 years. Where are good spots to snorkel in and around Coffee bay, Hole in the wall area?

Would apperciate some pointers.

Tim

Hole in the wall is really difficult. there are some very nice pools right in front of white clay. coffee bay self where the little river comes in against those ledges are always some nice beauties. and then 200m on the other side of coffee bay there is some nice pools and ledges...always nice goodies there!

pm me if you need more specific details:yeahdude:

Ooooohhh Atilla - Coffee Bay is the S-H-I-T-E! I absolutely LOVE it there! Unfortunately, did not spend enough time there to look for specimens to catch!

Jacques i know exactely what you referring to dude...that place rocks even without going to the sea!! whoo hoo!! hehe. i would get into some bad habits if i were to stay there;)

Hey Jaques,

For the chaeto, i'll bring back something for you.

Have you seen the "bumble bee shrimps" there? Very cute.

Hi DV8 - this is a "Bumble bee shrimp" - they are basically "cleanup crew":
p-80360-shrimp.jpg

look deep into the caves in the Tk rockpools and you may see them, dont be fooled by their lethargic appearance they are quick little buggers.. the females are bigger than the males try keep them in pairs..

look deep into the caves in the Tk rockpools and you may see them, dont be fooled by their lethargic appearance they are quick little buggers.. the females are bigger than the males try keep them in pairs..
lol, i'll be looking for other fish anyway. i googled the bumble bee shrimp, seems they are normaly in hiding and not often seen in the d t . si if i see them i try catch them but not spend too much time with them. i got bigger fish to fr...:whistling: um ... catch :)

DV, those shrimps are siek dude. u must get some!! let me know when you pull past slummies! im lifeguarding at a beach called Bonza Bay, not much to catch but the surf can get epic!

leka man.

DV, those shrimps are siek dude. u must get some!! let me know when you pull past slummies! im lifeguarding at a beach called Bonza Bay, not much to catch but the surf can get epic!

leka man.
there is a realy good chance that i will be stoping in E L to get something from leslie to give to topdogg. 3 more sleeps til i go:thumbup:

yeeeeeeeeeeees!

haha, catch me a shrimp dude! and a cleaner wrasse:) leka man

dude get the things you cant find in th LFS, thats the main reason i go to the kei, i focuss on shrimps limpids and hermits for algae controll.. its so nice not to have to just be satisfied with what is available to you.. and yo have the freedom to look for the more unknown.

just let me know when you coming past i will make sure i got soe beers for you.

Back
Top Bottom