Who else is going to imacsa?

so anyone can give us some feedback and pics of this wonderful event?

Hi Warr do i detect a bit of sarcasm in the post, i have seen a few pics but none of the conference yet. What was it like?

i spend as much time as i can get off work there:) the expo is disapointing. Very. although pretty much everything one could want as far as hardware is concerned is there, its justa very poor turn out and poorly designed stands.

the conference I am finding very good. I think the level of talks are good, they are well presented and the slides firts world. A little over my head as a beginner, but thats a personal thing as i am still learning.

i think the turn out has been affected by aspects better described by others as I was not involved or interested, but in all I am very pleased I have been:) and hope I can get out there today and tomorrow:)

mekaal, the actual figures I dont know, some lectures i would way between 40-55 at a guess. but then again I tend to concerntrate on the speaker:) it is very good meeting other reefers. Sitting next to Robvdv or Bob the reef builder, and chatting about aspects of the hobby or industry is invaluable.

I do say that I would sooner have listened to a local reefer, say millipora or heck even Mekael that some of the indepth data shows we have seen. But thats because of my take on reef keeping onlky extends to a hobby level, at an industry stand point, or a more detailed underrstanding of reefs which I think most people have there, then the talks are very well aimed.

at the expo, i have no idea how many, but certainly not enough:( but then the expo does not attract people either.

ok i asked myself the question, knowing what it is like would i do it again for the money and an honest asnwer is simply yes. It could have been better agreed, but its pretty good non the less.

oh and for the record, i have been described as a "masa"boy. compliments are so nice to get:)

no henk, nota thread of truth in that, from my own personal experience. I am getting pumps, 5 or so seios and a few other things and the importer is there, Scott i think his name is. Anyway i asked if i could get from the show, and any discounted prices and he said that there are a number of agents here, i should speak to them and they can draw stock from him.

for the record ANdrew from Eco aquatics has given me good service in the past and thus I am getting through him.

So no is the short answer:)

nope, we can only buy retail from the shops here, the wholesale guys supply the products to the shops and then gets sold to us on the recomended retail for the sayd products
so far a very interesting event, and god putting faces next to the names

I still say you joking........maybe thats why there are no pics.

Warr you were there yesterday, what would you say the numbers were like?

Warr you were there yesterday, what would you say the numbers were like?

Ouch, I reckon the numbers were far less than what I read and heard about the 2007 event.

There were only people at the talks, no people at the actual expo, but then they were competing with the Garden Show in the same venue :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom