Who else is going to imacsa?

Hi JP - I am glad that you would try to make it. BTW: I PM'ed you - did you receive my PM?

Unfortunately I am out in Cape Town - and with the economy being what it is, I am DEFINITELY NOT able to make it. I am shuffling money around as it is at the moment - just to keep floating...

bummer jacques :(

i realized that one needs only one kidney to stay alive before i decided to register! :lol:

well teh CPT guys have to add minimum R1000 for airfairs, R300 a day car hire, R500 a day to sleep somewhere... that sorta stuff :p

Seems like they are looking for more people to come. Masa belongs to its members who are reefers and if they don't want to advertise here then I wont go. I'll support the sponsors by going and having a look but thats it.

i realized that one needs only one kidney to stay alive before i decided to register! :lol:

LOL... I probably shouldn't say anything, but seriously... this is one costly conference! Here in the states, registration for IMAC and MACNA are usually around $160 or so... and that's for at least *15* speakers (ranging from "hard core" scientists to people in the trade to all the popular hobbyists). I know the airfare to SA from the US is costly (and so maybe that's why this conference fee is so high). But actually, if I may be so bold as to suggest... that you guys consider just having your own "local" pros and gurus, give some lectures. That's mostly how I learned (in addition to reading a lot)... by listening to so many "joe-hobbyist"s who have beautiful tanks they've kept for years. I learned just as much from them as I have from all the conference I've been to.

Seems like they are looking for more people to come. Masa belongs to its members who are reefers and if they don't want to advertise here then I wont go. I'll support the sponsors by going and having a look but thats it.

Nic don't let other peoples politics get in the way of you learning and having a great experience in the hobby. If I did not have a wedding on the weekend I would have gone up.

LOL... I probably shouldn't say anything, but seriously... this is one costly conference! Here in the states, registration for IMAC and MACNA are usually around $160 or so... and that's for at least *15* speakers (ranging from "hard core" scientists to people in the trade to all the popular hobbyists). I know the airfare to SA from the US is costly (and so maybe that's why this conference fee is so high). But actually, if I may be so bold as to suggest... that you guys consider just having your own "local" pros and gurus, give some lectures. That's mostly how I learned (in addition to reading a lot)... by listening to so many "joe-hobbyist"s who have beautiful tanks they've kept for years. I learned just as much from them as I have from all the conference I've been to.

Sara we don't have the volume of reefers you guys have and the more people the cheaper it gets. $160 = R1264 in reality it is not that bad.

Sara we don't have the volume of reefers you guys have and the more people the cheaper it gets. $160 = R1264 in reality it is not that bad.

::shrug:: It's all subjective/relative (as to what makes financial "sense" and what doesn't)... just depends on the person. Certainly, I've spent more for less... maybe it's just the nature of the hobby in general.

Yip.. leaving tomorrow !! got the credit card ?

Yip, got the camera, cleared the memory card, charged the batteries.

listen this thing starts on thursday right? can somone PM me as to when the best day to go for marine enthusiasts is? and can one buy stuff from there?

Nic don't let other peoples politics get in the way of you learning and having a great experience in the hobby. If I did not have a wedding on the weekend I would have gone up.

thats very well said alfie. it should be a very worthwhile event, if only to chat to other people whom know what they are talking about....IE skip me!

although nic i eco your sentiment to a degree, MASA is a great site just dont let emotions hold u back from anything:)

Nic, just so you are fully aware, we were asked not to advertise, but we want our members to do as they please and go if they want, it is something you should experience i reckon.

Nice to c this kind of event in SA, is the 2009 event going to take place in CT seen as 2007 was Durban, 2008 Gauteng. If so in CT are there dates yet, as i find it to expensive to travel around the country to go to other events. A friend of mine went to the Durban one and said it was unbelievable. Is there any feed back from the Gauteng area yet. Who actually organisers these events?

I reckon they should have it in Mauritius next, Cool venue, then Maldives in 2010. :)

and finally Comores 2011

Back
Top Bottom