Ozone - How is it done?

stumbled across this thread , when i was researching ozone.
did anyone ever verify the above statement about certian additives not being used with Ozone

What Is a good form of filtration to run with Ozone?
Algae based filtration systems are good with ozone as ozone clears up the yellowing water that algae can cause, but it can be used with standard berlin system Live rock and skimming and even biopellets as the bacteria are mostly on the pellets and the rest should be skimmed out to get the best from that form of filtration

Last edited:
Algae based filtration systems are good with ozone as ozone clears up the yellowing water that algae can cause, but it can be used with standard berlin system Live rock and skimming and even biopellets as the bacteria are mostly on the pellets and the rest should be skimmed out to get the best from that form of filtration

I heard that Ozone and NP Pellets are a big no no together
The reason I ask is I am planning a big FOWLR system and really want to use Ozone to get the incredible clarity it creates but now I am stuck and don't know what filtration to run with it that is good enough for a FOWLR system

Viper, I run ozone and it works well, it helps with water clarity and fish disease.

I run the 100mg aqua medic unit through it's own skimmer, I am currently running it at about 70% in a 1650 litre reef system.

You need to suck the aid through a dryer first, then through the ozonator and into a skimmer, I prefer just a small aqua medic skimmer independently for this.

You will also need a mv controller and probe to monitor your ganja MV's which you don't want more than 500, this will tell you weather you can run the ozonator at 100% or lower.

Go check my thread under ShaneO reef tank and you will see my pics.

Hope this helps in simple mans English and not going over the top.

I heard that Ozone and NP Pellets are a big no no together The reason I ask is I am planning a big FOWLR system and really want to use Ozone to get the incredible clarity it creates but now I am stuck and don't know what filtration to run with it that is good enough for a FOWLR system
The only reason Np pellets and ozone use would be no- no is that they would slow down the seeding of the pellets so instead of it taking a week to get bacteria going to it would take longer so you would delay use while seeding ,otherwise i dont see why they would be less efficient as the majority of the ozone is in a reactor and the majority of the bacteria are in pellets or being skimmed out, in any case i use both atm with no problems but i use a minute amount of pellets anyway.

Using Ozone with Nutri-Fix pellets | The Aquarium Solution

The only reason Np pellets and ozone use would be no- no is that they would slow down the seeding of the pellets so instead of it taking a week to get bacteria going to it would take longer so you would delay use while seeding ,otherwise i dont see why they would be less efficient as the majority of the ozone is in a reactor and the majority of the bacteria are in pellets or being skimmed out, in any case i use both atm with no problems but i use a minute amount of pellets anyway.

Using Ozone with Nutri-Fix pellets | The Aquarium Solution
So then starting off with pellets and letting them seed and settle in then adding ozone later would be a good idea?
What about when you add a bacteria source later though?
Thanks for the article will read through it

ShaneO, I will not run Ozone at 500mg,for me the safest bet is to run at max of 400mg.
I run ozone and think its prob one of the most obvious means of filtration where you can actually see the diff in the water clarity

ShaneO, I will not run Ozone at 500mg,for me the safest bet is to run at max of 400mg.
I run ozone and think its prob one of the most obvious means of filtration where you can actually see the diff in the water clarity
What filtration are you running the ozone with?

Back
Top Bottom