Instant Ocean Salt

microbelift is a super salt as well!

microbelift is a super salt as well!
Which one..I assume Reef...? I think it's like Brightwell...just can't get it here..then again..I haven't been looking...:p
picture.php

Which reading exactly? you mean like cal, mag, etc?
Yes..basically ALK MAG and CAL..

They mention on the Site:

• Adjust salinity with an accurate hydrometer. We recommend a specific gravity range of 1.020 to 1.023 at 75º F (24º C). If the specific gravity is too low add more salt. If the specific gravity is too high, add more dechlorinated water.

Is it safe to assume that the readings they give is based on that Salinity...? and if I mix to say 1.026 my readings would be more, when I do my Tests..?
Microbe-Lift.com :: Reef Salt

Last edited:
im using reef crystals which is instant ocean but with higher levels of calcium kh magnesium and other stuff...i have gone with this salt as it saves me on additives and never let me down....its just very pricey though...

Last edited:
@dallasg did you come right finding this? I saw some at the pet shop at Lifestyle over the weekend, was pretty pricey though.

Last edited by a moderator:
@SilverZA nope, i am going to use the Zeovit salt or import from ESV a 2 part salt

Zeovit Salt? Never seen that anywhere.

How good is the Seachem salt? Jungle Aquatics have the 20kg at a killer price.

zeovit salt = reefers best salt through TSR

seachem is good, i find though the calcium levels are very high

its only arriving next week so will see

zeovit salt = reefers best salt through TSR

seachem is good, i find though the calcium levels are very high
I agree...I ended up with that as I couldn't get my Brightwell in Durban..all the readings are way above the max readings and I ran out of liquid in my syringe when testing my Calcium...:eek::eek::eek:..My Salinity is at 1.026..personal preference..and the Readings they give on there Product is somewhere between 1.20-1.023 I think...so that salt gives me nightmares and I'm not bringing my Salinity down just so I can lower the readings...Sorry, I'll rather change the Salt...can't wait to get my Brightwell...Ordering a bucket from Bryan..:thumbup:

ive used instant ocean a number of times and have had immence difficulties with it. both increased phosphates and outbreaks of cyano, especially if i switch from DD salt. Personally i keep the salt i have over as an emergency and a very last resort and will never buy the stuff again.

i have the Reef Crystals as well at the moment and its pricey but far better quality and doesnt have the same negative impact that instant ocean has. But i still prefer DD salt over reef crystals.

In my one tank, since may i havent added calcium, there are 35 corals in tank, over 650 ppm

In my one tank, since may i havent added calcium, there are 35 corals in tank, over 650 ppm
Hmmm...not sure if mine would be in the same range...as I posted earlier..I ran out of liquid in my syringe when doing my Calcium Test...:(..I use Salifert and my "Table" only goes to 500ppm...my syringe was empty and the colour still didn't change...:eek:

With doing 5% WC weekly

Back
Top Bottom