Gecco's hip-hip-hooray!!

Reaction score
At last, my tank is wet.
After joining on 13-08-2007 I read this forum like a addict hence the only 53 Posts.

But now I have a tank that's getting wet and looking forward to chat :thumbup:

My tank is 1500x600x600 and the sump is 900x300x300. Using only RO water :thumbup:
Filtration plans:
  • TS2 skimmer
  • DSB
  • Live rock
  • Phosban reactor
  • And a ATS in the future

Water flow:
To start with...
  • Return pump -Aquah2o ASP-3000 1900 l/h 40W
  • :(Powerhead 1 - ViaAqua VA-170B 650 l/h 9W (to be up sized later)
  • :(Powerhead 2 - ViaAqua VA-170B 650 l/h 9W (to be up sized later)
  • :biggrin:Powerhead 3 - SunSun JVP-202 12000 l/h 24W Cool!!

2x300w Heaters

Lighting:
Still out there over a couple :peroni:'s

So here goes...
The go slow!!
1.jpg

After 16 hours of go slow
3.jpg

At last, my tank is wet.
After joining on 13-08-2007 I read this forum like a addict hence the only 53 Posts.

But now I have a tank that's getting wet and looking forward to chat

Wow! You've been on the forum since 2007 with no tank! Awesome and Amazing that you took the time to research and plan. :yeahdude:

Looking good! Looking forward to more pics!

congrats of finally getting that tank wet :) very excting, its far more fun having a tank than reading about others :)

good luck with the cycle:)

Wow! You've been on the forum since 2007 with no tank! Awesome and Amazing that you took the time to research and plan. :yeahdude:

Looking good! Looking forward to more pics!

Yip changed work and was bit money restricted :):) gave me time to read..

congrats of finally getting that tank wet :) very excting, its far more fun having a tank than reading about others :)

good luck with the cycle:)

Thanks Crispin, agree 100% with you.

Time for a update...

After 52 hours of starring at water dropping in this is how far I am..:(
4.jpg

And sorted some plumbing out.
5.jpg

Only have to connect the return pump up and some small detail. Then salt and finally the sand.
That's after the RO water filled some more..

Ahh, just yesterday I read a tread (I think RiaanP wrote) about flooding. Woke up this morning to find the RO pipe decided to take a walk. Half the living room flooded. :lol:

What was very cool was the wife wasn't mad but crapped me out not waking her up so she can help me clean-up.... :yeahdude:

So there I had my first (flooding) :biggrin:

Tank is looking great:thumbup:! Believe me this won't be your first flooding... From retutn pumps piping falling of to springing a leak, you'll get them all:whistling:

Thank you !!

Sure there will be more :)

Need some info please,

I need to get my play sand on Saturday for the DT & DSB. The question I've got is that I see Baby City also sells play sand. Is it the same as Reggies sand?

Anybody please?

as long as its silica sand, then yes its fine

nice setup btw

Need some info please,

I need to get my play sand on Saturday for the DT & DSB. The question I've got is that I see Baby City also sells play sand. Is it the same as Reggies sand?

As per what Dallas said, as long as its silica sand and you was many many many many times. The other nasty about that play sand is with a 12000l/h powerhead I foresee a sandstorm in the tank. Another thing to be wary about is if a single grain of playsand gets between your magnetic glass cleaner and the glass, you end up with many fine scratches.

Playsand is an cost effective option but I'm sorry I didn't save a little longer and get a slightly coarser crushed coral substrate. 2 - 5mm. But for the DSB its perfect.

I would love to go the Argonite route but how much kg's do I need in this DT? lets say to ±50mm deep, or am I off the tracks here?

about 50 or 60 kg, so plenty and plenty $$$, I would say a crushed coral may not set you back as much as Aragonite. Save the arag for the sump if you really want it. I must admit its lovely to see sparkling white sand in the DT but with a lot of flow it tends to move quite a bit.

Where can one get this type off crashed coral and ± $$$

And will this be more stable in terms of flow in DT?

How fine is your crushed coral Rakabos? and pm me a price please

Where can one get this type off crashed coral and ± $$$

And will this be more stable in terms of flow in DT?

It will definitely be more static, price I'm not 100% percent certain, about R350 odd for a 20kg bag. It does have the added benefit of being able to buffer the water's alk and ph through the coral's lime skeleton. You have to weigh up the costs though, R35 for reggies vs. R350 for crushed coral.

Back
Top Bottom