The Tunze Skimmer Clan

Very nice, fire that baby up, let's see what it does. :)

Would mind owning one of these baby's #oneday

Then go get one, I have had JNS, Bubble Magus, Reefoctopus, SKIMZ and after various diffirent issues across those brands decided to get something better, how much better is what we are about to find out :)

Then go get one, I have had JNS, Bubble Magus, Reefoctopus, SKIMZ and after various diffirent issues across those brands decided to get something better, how much better is what we are about to find out :)

Haha,,, keep us posted... :thumbup:

So it has been a while since I have been active on the forum, I recently moved in to a home I bought so things have been a bit crazy, and not just moving the tank :)

The tank was cleaned along with the skimmer about 2 weeks ago, I have since pretty much doubled the bio load and I am now really seeing the benefit of this skimmer. It is just so much of awesome compared to what I have had before it baffles me every time I think of it.

One of the more interesting things are that every time someone comes to visit they are amazed by how quiet the whole system is, even Ryan from Marine Management whom manages some serious tanks for individuals/restaurants was not sure if everything was even on... until I showed him :)

Herewith a small clip to give you an idea, just don't mind the water sound from the overflow, I have been fine tuning the durso.

Herewith a video, and some Pics
@carlosdeandre @Anita @gMAN @viper357

Tunze 9415 - 1.jpg

Tunze 9415 - 2.jpg

Tunze 9415 - 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
tunze 9480 skimmer

hi guys and dolls after selling my atb skimmer i decided on getting the 9480 master doc skimmer ,i must thank George and Anita for the excellent service ,i have had lots of the best brand skimmers on the market from Ati 300 and 250 bubble master,ATB 300 delux cone,H&s,deltec new and old range,bubble king 500,reefocto 250,300 and with of all of them i found the bubble master 250 the best of the range,but after i installed my Tunze 9480 i was blown away with perfomance and how silent the skimmer is,i rate it better than all the brands i have mentioned from the construction of the skimmer body it self to the pumps used,i was very impressed with the way the impellor is designed ,it just pulls crazy black nasty crap out for all you reefers who wants value for your pocket compared to the prices out there look no further the tunze skimmer is by far the best skimmer i have used to date,i will be posting a short vid on the skimmer soon

I am really curious about this 9480! I had heard that there are some in use in SA but don't know anyone with an aquarium big enough :)

@mo-g has the biggest tunze skimmer ive seen..
Dunno model number but it has 4 pumps on it.
A monster of note and he is very happy with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
All these new skimmers and no pics :( :whistling:

Last edited:
have had lots of the best brand skimmers on the market from Ati 300 and 250 bubble master,ATB 300 delux cone,H&s,deltec
I totally agree with you, i got a tunze 9430 and amazed how good it is, set and forget.

Back
Top Bottom