Starz..

8 months, i'm waiting for my new tubes. my 10k is fused so thats y the left is a bit darker than the right. nennie moved coz i moved the sun sun. so he moved closer to the return from one of the canisters. this nenie likes flow. i'll have lights sorted out by tom. fingers crossed!!

OK but what will the lighting settup be once you have it all sorted ?

Trev

Nope, just have the one arrow, the other is still there, waiting for you. :)
regals doing great, eating algae and picking on rocks.
i was smarter than the Niger so i donated him to a friend setting up a preditor tank.

Was checking him out, especially for my cousin. When ever he comes around he always ask where is his crab.:(

43114dfb403f6eb07.jpg

cruzing lekker..

Lekker. Mines also swimming around nicely, following my scopas around.

8 x 39w T5
2 x 15k
2 x Coral blue
2 x Pink
2 x I forget, wrote it down somewhere

8 x 39w T5
i.e.
2 x 15k
2 x Coral blue
2 x Pink

Last edited:
8 x 39w T5
i.e.
2 x 15k
2 x Coral blue
2 x Pink

That is not going to be even close to enough lighting for that hectaris magnifica these guys only just survive under 300W metal halides at about the same depth as your tank is and add to that they are extreemly sensitive aswell. If you look at your pic below you will see the mouth hanging open, this is not a good sign it basicaly means this guy is in very very poor health. I would look for someone with the means to keep it happy and get it to them as if it dies in your tank its going to cause all sort of issues. Is it still sticky ie if you feed it does it grab hold of the food.

Trev

43114dfb261425739.jpg

Yes very, he moved back to his usual spot with his mouth closed.
Thanks for the input.

Yes very, he moved back to his usual spot with his mouth closed.
Thanks for the input.

Maybe you dont understand this guy is not all of a suddern going to get better he will only get worse if allowed to reach that state you need to do something about it before it dies in your tank. If you are serious about this hobby and the livestock you have the
you can research for H magnifica or H ritteri or read these threads I have taken the time to find for you. Next time ask the guys who you buy stuff from what their requirements are and if your system will support them.

nennie dead or alive - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Ritteri Anemone (spelling) - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Survey of Survival Rates of Anemones - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Trev

Hi , sorry i took so long to comment - been under the weather...

Your nennie looks fine !- im sure he was only in your tank a few hours when you took the pic.
his mouth still has skin over the inner mouth, when the mouth is open , it gapes , you will be able to see the inside of the nennie.
your water is in good nick and nennies will enflate /deflate periodicle to draw in new water.

you sent me a better pic as well and he looks fine , many nennies will move arround to find the perfect spot for flow and lighting, and once the lighting is sorted , all should be well.
if it was a pure lighting problem , he would reposition himself under the portion of the tank wher the lighting is strong, but he is now placing himself where the flow can bring him passing food.
If you can - take out the working set of light from the middle or front and insert them at the back for the nennie.
if he likes it up top , and if he only gets enough light up there- then let him be -up there.

As i mentioned - feed him a thumnail sized piece of shrimp/prawn or fish that has been defrosted slowly by soaking in a jar of your tank water.
I have many custimers with those nennies under Strong T-5 lights and all is well there.

But

Dont feel your stuck with him, if you feel you cant look after him propperly or supply him with enough lighting , i will exchange him for somthing else of your choice.
Your tank is looking great your lights are on there way.

P.S Dane has cleaned up the R.O and put the new membrains in for you already...

Chat soon
David

appreciate your feedback and explanation. will see you soon, will come collect as soon as it arrives.

I'm going to have to agree with Trev here. MH is the better choice for the H. magnifica. Your tank also looks a bit crowded for this anemone. I'm not seeing a place that it can attach itself comfortably long term and not bother any nearby coral and vice versa. It is also looking a bit stressed and stretched in an effort to find more light. That power head also needs to go. It can shred that anemone, and could very possibly wipe out your entire tank.

Nice Tank bro:thumbup:! Love the selection of fish and corals! Quick question: I am interested in getting 2 ocelleris clownfish and 5 blue/green chromises for my tank. How do they live with each other are they peaceful (clowns and chromises)? And how is the feeding?

sorry, was busy for a while, nennie doing great, i realised that the mouth opens wide when it eat and jsut after it eats, i feed it a thumbnail size of fresh prawn. sun sun has been moved to the corner so nennie cant reach it. added four more 39 w t5's so there is a total of 12 now. thanks for the advice, as stated before constructive input is always welcome.

How do they live with each other are they peaceful (clowns and chromises)? And how is the feeding?

i have seven of each and they quite happy, they'll cruze together sometimes, eat together. i feed in rations so every one gets to eat lekker, all my fish eat a mix of nori, flakes and frozen foods. Chromise are growing quite fast, in my opinion they look best when they school. if only all 7 clowns could.. :p

Wow amazing tank great job!

thanks Guys and Girls.. updates coming shortly.. just in time for TOTM!! :yeahdude:

Back
Top Bottom