Favorite Fish only tank

Reaction score
Hey Guys I don’t think I have shown this tank here on MASA and its been running now for a few months now and at the point were I am happy to show it off in public. I have had an absolute jol deciding on and acquiring the fish that I have so far, based on my own tastes and there are still a few more to be added in the next few months. I have recently redone the cabinet of this tank aswell as my 1.2m tank at the same time using the same wood so they match up well.

So here starts with a full tank pic

19794cdeca7b4f121.jpg

19794cdeccaa7c7d3.jpg

Current fish list

Fox Face ( been with me for a few years now from small and is now a big boy )
19794c7a5ab0c5100.jpg

Naso Lituratus
19794cb0a28ebc3c7.jpg

Blue Face angel
19794c6ed0cde8627.jpg

Bi colour angel ( very big one 11cm )
19794cdece8f863ee.jpg

Sailfin Tang ( very very big one )
19794c7a59a9dbef3.jpg

Maroon Clown ( max size maroon clown been with me for years and rules this tank )

19794c6023749235b.jpg

Picasso Trigger ( my oldest fish been with me since before my youngest kid was born )

19794c6cdadb46ba8.jpg

Powder Blue ( a very recent addition )

19794cd8603d46482.jpg

Emporer Angel ( the real school yard bully of the tank )

19794cb08d911dca4.jpg

Undulated Trigger

19794cb2b171510b2.jpg

Last edited:
Regal Angel ( Just out of QT and now inside a clear cotainer until the others get used to him being around as he is only 7cm small )
19794cded1bc46058.jpg

Volitans Lionfish ( a recent addition)
19794cded2038d8ec.jpg

Pomacanthurus Anularis ( My favorite angelfish at the moment I love this fish )

19794cded2982802c.jpg

Still to come is the following

Pomacanthurus Chrysurus ( should have been here but I decided to get a MAC approved specimen, should be here in 10 days )

Pomacanthus%20chrysurus%20(A).jpg

Queen Angel

QueenAngelHolocanthusCiliarisWMA_C1400.jpg

Pomacanthurus Navaracus ( should be here in 2 weeks )
AA4.jpg

It is awsome to spend time in front of or even just working with these fish which have ether been in my heart for years or have been anticipated for months. The result being that I am almost at the stage were I could not want more in beauty, style or personality from any fish which tickles my taste. Unfortunately the only fish that I lost while acquiring these fish was a Acanthurus Olivaceus but I have decided to not get another as space is already limited but in a few months they will all be moving to a even bigger tank so maybe then I will try another.

Trev

Last edited:
wow nice Trev

don't Picasso bully the other triggers and try to nip the lion?

Think mine should be in his own tank lol he is a bad boy:p

Interested to know how long you going to keep the Regal Angel in the container and what is it made from?

Um actualy after a few amstels I lost my balance and knocked the container so now its free, thats my story and Im sticking to it LOL

Actualy its been there since yesterday morning and I have noticed very little agression towards the box since last evening. Also for the whole of yesterday when ever I fed the regal in its container ( which was very often, I have been feeding it very heavy ) the other fish would try to get the food food from thier side of the container which really spooked the regal but today he didnt mind this at all. So I discussed it with my son and we agreed that it was safe to let him go so 5min ago I set him free and the only fish that has bothered him slightly is the bi colour angel which never went near the container. The rest have left him completely alone and it seems have accepted him already as a family member. This compared to the Powder blue which went straight inn last week thursday and within 1 hour I had to remove 3 fish or else they would have off'd the powder blue for sure. So it definately makes a huge difference. I used a similar tactic to get Purple tangs to tolorate each other

Trev

Trev you sneaky bugger. You do know that this is going to cost you a lot of :peroni: Some awesome fish in their. Looking good.:thumbup:

What else do you have in your QT tank at the moment? Care to share or is it teaser.

Trev, that collection of angels is stunning, makes me jealous. I love the blue face. What about a few corals in there, like frogspawns etc, maybe the triggers might munch though.

I have struggled with the bicolours, I really love them, but have always had problems, lost 3 of them now. I think all my angels now I am only going mac.

What about a majestic?

umm undulate was my first ever marine fish , just a heads up they are very nasty! i have seen them go Psycho just destroy a fish that bugs them in their territory

Trev you sneaky bugger. You do know that this is going to cost you a lot of :peroni: Some awesome fish in their. Looking good.:thumbup:

What else do you have in your QT tank at the moment? Care to share or is it teaser.

Thanks alot:)
Well like I said its been fantastic working wiht this fish both those that I already had and those that are new and I have developed a close relationship with every fish which is great. The QT tanks are now empty my job today is to clean them out and get them ready for the Navaracus and the Chrysurus which will be here soon. I tell you those QT tanks have been going non stop for the last few months every time a fish went out a new one went inn, its both hard work and stressfull looking after fish in QT you constantly have to check up on them to see that they are progressing and I think I have a few grey hairs from this. But at the same time I am also still stocking my 1.2 tank with lots of select small fish which honestly is far more challenging than bigfish

Trev, that collection of angels is stunning, makes me jealous. I love the blue face. What about a few corals in there, like frogspawns etc, maybe the triggers might munch though.

I have struggled with the bicolours, I really love them, but have always had problems, lost 3 of them now. I think all my angels now I am only going mac.

What about a majestic?

Thanks bud:) yeah these angels all have a special place in my heart my emporer is like a pet dog and is very very attached to me and folows me arround the tank he is so at ease with me in or arround the tank. I think some corals will be liek milk tart to a 10year old for the angels my triggers grew up in a reef tank and never touched any corals. Yeah Bicolours are very hard to keep but if you can get them passed 12 months they become tuff as leather IMO I have also been through about two in the last few years which never made it but this current one has had a long happy life.

The Majestic should be here on about the 25th

umm undulate was my first ever marine fish , just a heads up they are very nasty! i have seen them go Psycho just destroy a fish that bugs them in their territory

YEs they can be nasty my one was fine for a while but has recently stepped up the agression I and considered letting him go but have decided to give him a chance. Its weird tho becuase at times my picasso and maroon clown totally dominate the undulate but then every now and then the undulate is dominent over the picasso but never the clown

With this tank this tank the only time I strayed from the program was with the little regal angel which together with an Eibli should have gone in the 1.2 but sadly the Eibli dide in QT and the regal was doing extreemly well in Qt so I decided to give him a chance as see if he can survive with the big fish. This is why I used the clear container first and I am super happy as after the first night he is swimming around with out much hassel from the others and he doesnt have a single broken fin which is very rare in this tank, just look at what happened to the powder blues fins in less that 60min. So all indications are that the regal will stay in this tank which is great cause there is lots more space form him to grow out

i like the ide that you are not going the normal way
an interesting mix of fish

what size tank are you going to go for

i like the ide that you are not going the normal way
an interesting mix of fish

what size tank are you going to go for

Thanks Yuri, to be honest I get alot of insiration from Flappy's current tank aswell as his previous tank, Im not saying I try to copy exactly what he has but its great to be able to see some fish in a tank setting before actually deciding its a go or its a no. Strangely the Chrysurus and the Anularis are the only two angels that I decided on before even seeing one but also they are rare so they arent plenty but it was funny when I had decided on the Chrysurus and was very exited then Steven pipes up and says he bought your one, that was just weird cause I really chose that fish myself. So exept for these two I have seen the others in Stevens tank and fell inlove with them specialy his dark Powder blue.

I have a 2.2m tank which I will totally redo from silicone to cabinet so it matches this tank then I will sell my 1.2 and move the small fish into this tank and the big fish into the 2.2, I recon by June - July that should be completeand ready to move. BUt also I have just moved house and Im still feeling this area out and might decide not to stay put so it wont make sence to go ahead with the 2.2 if Im not very happy living in "Lagos" so I need to give that time aswell.

Back
Top Bottom