New tank

How long can I store R.O water in a container?
you can store it for quiete a while, make sure its sealed well and in a cool, dark
place and the container your is made from virgin materials and have never had
anything else in it, otherwise stuff will seep into the RO water and contaminate it.

Use waste as drinking water? i don't think so...

Goby what RO unit are you using? do you flush your RO membrane everytime befor you make RO water?
Im using a waterboy RO unit i never have any problems... ever
no funny colour waste water, no tds in ro water....
Talk but to waterboy that's what he told me and he is the leading expert :p

Goby what RO unit are you using? do you flush your RO membrane everytime befor you make RO water?
Im using a waterboy RO unit i never have any problems... ever
no funny colour waste water, no tds in ro water....
Talk but to waterboy that's what he told me and he is the leading expert :p[/QUOTE]

My RO unit has an auto flush function. TDS of the RO water is 4 but the water that drains via the drain pipe TDS is very high, and that's why i say its not suitable for drinking?

Just for interest sake, what is your drain water's TDS?
Thanks!

Update

It's been a few weeks since last I posted. Thought I would upload some pics of what the tank looked like when it started cycling. I've been monitoring PH,ammonia,nitrite & nitrate. I never picked up an increase in any of them. Nitrates have been at 0.2 & PH 8.1. Any thoughts on this? Does it mean my tank hasn't cycled? The Live rock was all cured before going in. Is it possible that there was sufficient bacteria & not much die-off? Would appreciate comments.

Here are the photos

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Filter wool

How long can I keep filter wool in the system before it becomes necessary to clean/replace it?
Thanks

Pics of livestock

Hi all, could you please id the sandsifter, snails, mushroom and candifloss on the rock (white spongy stuff)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Small white starfish, sorry, not very clear
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks

Positive I.D

Hi Reefers

Please could you guys take a look at my pics & I.D some of the LS especially the goby,would really like to know what he is.

Thanks All:)

WRT wast RO water.

Water entering a RO unit is pre filtered via carbon and sediment filters. It then gos through the RO membrane. Ok the low TDS water gos through the membrane. Other water gos out as waist. But it has been filtered by the carbon and sediment filters. Whilst high in TDS it is better than the source water and ok for drinking if the source water is.

Back
Top Bottom