Neil's 3ft Frag Tank Adventure

thanks man !!

update time ! :thumbup:

Sump complete !

9114a102e899f4e1.jpg

Full system as it is today

9114a102e8996074.jpg

Piss poor 24wT5 in at the moment, lighting project this week !!

Discovered a small problem.... the plumbing sounds like a toilet flushing the whole time despite a durso .... wife not over the moon about this.... I will buy an inline valve today, hopefully the restricted return flow will reduce the noise some!

Going Well Viper.....thanks for the interest !

2x54w T5's are now running

Got an unexpected shipment of Zoa's...... and they need to be fragged.... unfortunately this put the tank into a mini cycle due to the sheer number of Zoa's , so just waiting for the cycle to settle then i will start with the fragging of the pincusion and the other leather !!!

Sounds good:)

Are you going to be using anything in particular for frag plugs/mounts?

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but wear gloves when you frag the zoa's due to the rather potent poison in them, and don't be licking any of your fragging tools :p

box of surgical gloves ready and waiting !

have a few idea's for the frag plugs..... i would like something less symetrical than the standard round plugs.....

i was thinking about breaking up pieces of rock or even bricks and using them as the frag plugs, their irregular shapes would i think blend in with the rest of a reef better than standard plugs ..... what do you guys think?

no worries

hope the frags will be ready in a couple weeks !!

i got some nice rock, will bring a sample over the weekend

have a few idea's for the frag plugs..... i would like something less symetrical than the standard round plugs.....

i was thinking about breaking up pieces of rock or even bricks and using them as the frag plugs, their irregular shapes would i think blend in with the rest of a reef better than standard plugs ..... what do you guys think?
I'm also wanting to make a couple of frag plugs but a bit undecided as to what to use, so I'll wait to see what idea's you come up with.:)

Well last night i worked for hours in my main tank

one of the results of this work was me removing a fair sized sinulara colony ......

during the removal it was cut into 3 seperate pieces..... all three are now in the Frag tank and this morning are doing very very well with pretty good PE considering the trauma they went through.... these three smaller colories will form the basis for my sinulara brood stock and are now 2nd generation frags !

Will take pics as soon as i can !

Update eh !

tank going OK at this stage, settling down, had a serious outbeak of GHA which is getting under control now.

2x54w T5's working well

lots of zoa's which need fragging this weekend, also sinulara which needs fragging this week.

Not at all happy with the overflow..... sounds like a toilet without a valve installed but with a valve my RO chamber dumps too much water into the DT... so trying to get around that .... also i have durso in the DT, which obviously has resulted in VERY poor skimming, so i need to build a propper overflow box.

getting there slowly !

Back
Top Bottom