My family of tanks; a 360l shallow reef and my old RSM 250.

why are you taking down this awesome system and what is your plans regarding size on the new tank?

Ok, I have said too much. Hate revealing things before they are actually in place. Tank has been ordered and paid for. It will be a 1.5x1x.500 tank (prox 850l litres with sump), will sit in my entrance hall with 360' view. It will have three corner overflows with one corner return. Will be using most of current hardware, except that I will be using three radion units and two mp40's (already installed in my current tank, couldn't wait that long to play with them) Also adding an ATU, kalk strirrer and a carx reactor. Probably keeping mostly SPS, but want to keep the LS mostly unchanged, will see how the softies will keep going in a sps dominant system.

Don't expect any pics until the tank is mostly up and running, yeah sure a pic when it arrives, then when it's wet. :p

Will move all my inverts and LR to new tank (after cycling), will add an extra 70kgs of caribsea base rock and will quarantine my fish. I do have WS in my tank (ask my powder blue), so want to get rid of that once and for all.

In a nut shell, that's it. No fancy dosers or computers, as I am home the whole day, test vigorously and religiously and just want to aim for very stable conditions in terms of pH, Ca, Mg and Alk (not that these are not stable at the moment).
I am looking forward to advice, always open to criticism and would love visits, even if you want to see my current tank, I have no secrets and love to learn from others, but am very weary of giving any, you might know better!

why are you taking down this awesome system and what is your plans regarding size on the new tank?

Just transferring it, everything, at least for me, is a work in progress, even my belly!:blush:
Just want to make things better for the living organsims I have hijacked from the ocean. Also, my son needs a rock pool for snorkelling!:whistling:

Thanks dude, feel like a ten year old during the last few weeks, its wonderful to be having so much fun!

a wizard is never late, he arrives when he has too... or something like that...

i dont take months, just weeks

a wizard is never late, he arrives when he has too... or something like that...

i dont take months, just weeks

...and always unexpectedly!

New systems sounds like my dream..... Except I would use 2 mp60s on the, tank just to keep everything moving and the fish fit:p

You current system is amazing though

Really well done

Except I would use 2 mp60s on the

Thanks for the tip, however, if you go the ecotech marines web page, they have a nifty little programme that works out how many vortechs you need, and two mp60's would be way too much flow for my system. Check it out, really cool.
Thanks for the compliments.:thumbup:

Howzit @jacquesb, guys who are building it are still waiting for the glass, should be ready by 10th December and at my house.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Shallow reef!

So just a little snippet of the new tank build.

NEW TANK.jpg

Thanks bud, when I saw it for the first time today, got a bit of a surprise with the dimensions, like it even more.

Tiny update. Sump is made, equipment bought, tank complete (well, they were doing the base last week Thursday). Waiting for stand and hanging kit for lights. Final design of scaping needs to be finalised.
Things are looking up, hopefully by next week it will be wet. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom