Elrond's 700x700x650 cube

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I started putting my system together since November last year and it's coming along nicely. I look forward to comments/suggestions and lots of friendly people.

I welded the stand together myself and had it galvanised and did all the carpentry myself. I wont bore people with pictures of that unless requested.

System consists of the following:

2x Seio M820 magnetic powerheads
2500l/h uplift
Reeftek TS2
3xAquamedic White 24Watt T5's
3xAquamedic Blue 24Watt T5's
15kgs of fijian LR
20KG of reefsand Caribsea in DT
20KGS of course arrogonite in the sump for the DSB

Full Tank shot a few weeks ago with the doors to the cabinet open:

MarineTank005.jpg

FTS with doors closed:

MarineTank007.jpg

Sump layout:

MarineTank006.jpg

more to follow...

Awesome setup!! Realy Like the shape of your display!! how long have you been cycling the tank for?

Thanks guys, tank has been running for a month now, I have the following fish in:

1 Damsel
1 Fire Goby

Some Coral shots: Green Mushrooms (not sure of the name)

EOS550166.jpg

Blue mushrooms in the background and green ones in the fuzzy foreground:

EOS550174.jpg

Leathers and mushrooms frags from when I moved them...

EOS550156.jpg

FTS - Side 1: You cant really tell from these shots but the aquascaping is mostly entirely off the bottom, leaving very little dead spots for detritus.

EOS550150.jpg

FTS - Side 2:

EOS550153.jpg

jacques... as patient as I can be... corals and fish seem happy and have been for weeks... having matured LR and lots of it seems to have helped. Will wait a bit longer before stocking something more interesting. I still have the following on my list of inhabitants, but will wait a bit longer for the tangs and copperband:

Yellow Tang
Regal Tang
Copperband
Percula
bicolourblenny (every tank needs one!!)

very neat work.

And welcome to this hobby.

What wire or pipe is that coming out the wall?

dizzyg/RiaanP,

The pipe is a drain I plumbed into the sewage for water changes - no carpet problems! The one cable is power which I ran behind the skirting boards and the other is a TV aerial :p

Tank looks good mate :) would like to see how you built it! Your tank is small for 2 tangs as they require lots of room to swim... Minimum would be a 1.2m long tank and they grow pretty big

Nice setup, but I agree - your tank is too small for tangs. There are loads of other beautiful fish you can put in.
The DSB might be too small to really be effective. My suggestion is to rather have a shallow sand bed and get some nice pieces of live rock with maybe some macro algae on it. Then it will be like a little refugium for goggas to grow and thrive. Just add a energy saver globe for the algae ;)

Thanks Tobes, I appreciate the comment, but will just carry on with the DSB this size. I have a little bit of experience and my previous system seemed quite happy with something similar. As with most things in this hobby, what works for some doesnt work for others. However, you might see another post in a few weeks asking for more details! I'll start to pay closer attention to the paramaters and then decide.

I think you're right on the Yellow Tang... I will still put a small Regal in though...

HenkHugo - good to see you again ;)

very nice system!

welcome to masa...actually i think you can get away with a smaller yellow tang if you get one as you have around 320lt DT and not much rocks so it will have space to swim.

One smallish yellow tang and one small regal is as far as i suggest you go dont add more tangs,keep the rest of the fish from smaller species a pygmy angel would be cool also.

So far still going strong... algae bloom has kicked in... need something to help sift the substrate...

MarineTank178.jpg

Other side...

MarineTank179.jpg

Firegoby... not 100% in focus but his fins nicely extended...

MarineTank198.jpg

Yellow/Blue Damsel

MarineTank209.jpg

Elrond: not sure how often they're avalible but I got a sand dollar which is keeping my substrate nice and clean.

Back
Top Bottom