• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Disount Day @ Perky Pets-Sat 12/3

No probs guys, just gives us reefers paying hard cash for the pets we adore more options.

Its catch 22, you sell good quality quarantined stock and our tanks pristine, no problem, you sell stressed out fish, they buckle, bad deal ???

No further comments, its boils down to 3 parties, supplier, you the LFS and me the consumer ??? it can go wrong anywhere.

And for the comment that a LFS will sell livestock, to die and offer you 50% back, you come back buy more and it dies, he makes money (but only 50%) that i don't buy !!!

Sammy, I think a little bit of tact when posting specifically in one of our sponsors threads advertising his stores livestock is in order. I'm not saying that anyone deserves special treatment. I vehemently believe quite the opposite. But I think there are better avenues to discuss the matter.
Just a little respect. :yinyang:

:015:

Last edited:
Thanks apreciate it becuase its for the coral tank will have to get 1 pink tube aswell to pritty things up

Trev

I ordered 4 in used 3 today so will keep the last one for you. :)

Called the supplier this afternoon, they will be out of stock of Aqua pink for a while.

Sorry gents, did not mean to come about this way and seem tactless. Just looking for a good deal !

I bought a few fish from the shop you were referring to and they obviously had a bad shipment that week, one tank had white spot but my bf took two of the fish regardless, which I nursed to health with the help of my herbitana care of Perky P who luckily had stock. The other tank we purchased from had mandarins, one that had died and 2 others that were not looking well at all, but luckily I managed to keep her healthy too so all 3 survived, but I have a setup that's over 3 years running, and is very healthy. I accidentally snapped a disk coral in half, right where it feeds, now each of the two pieces has grown a little "mouth" and they are doing exceptionlly well. If your tank is healthy you don't need a guarantee.

Usually stores keep the fish for a week to quarantine, if we pressure them to sell us fish before they have been properly checked out, then we need to take the risk, not the store?

Just my opinion and experiences. But I find Perky's stock to be of good quality from my visit. The tanks are matured, fish stress levels are minimal and everythin looks to be in perfect health. None of the stores would intentionally sell us dodgey stock, they want us to be successful, they make their money off the accessories we buy to keep the tank healthy, not so much from the fish, successful reefers are more motivated to purchase bigger and better equipment to keep that ego boost flourishing.

People its Pointless arguing.
You aint going to change someones views..
If he likes poor quality stock then let him be. Maybe he just likes the Gamble.
As for Perky's live stock. They dont need to offer a discount if the stock dies.
Because of the high quality the chances are it wont die on you.

Great Prices, Great Staff, Great Service, Great Products, Great Stock.
All Round Great Experience ...

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom