Davids tank

Your clownfish looks like it is doing the whole duck lips thing:
dsc_2132_zpsjs7mnqyt-jpg.186163

:lol:

Suppose its time for an update;
Had a rather rough December/January and tank definitely took a knock. First skimmer pump went, then my mandarin decided to jump out, and out of the blue my jumpingbean angel decided that birdsnest is its new favourite food. Filefish saw the jumping bean and decided to join in and within a day they had completely killed my entire colony. Then the filefish died. To top things off, around 40 ricordea decided to melt away for absolutely no reason.
So ive decided to just keeping things alive at the moment and not planning on adding anything new anytime soon. There's a potential that i'll be moving later this year as well - hopefully to a town that has water. Will post pics tomo

Last edited:
Worst part is not knowing why they do it. Its happened to me in the before. They were fine on sunday, monday they were gone.

That's really strange about the rics. Hopefully your run of bad luck is finished now. How big was the birds nest?

I was amazed to see how quickly a single fish can decimate a coral colony once they take a liking to it. I lost hundreds of zoa heads when a rabbit fish started to mow them down. I did not pay much attention to the tank for 2 days and when I looked the rocks were clean where there once were plates of zoas.

Also strange how the flame angel hasnt touched any coral in all the years ive had it, then suddenly eats an entire birdsnest colony. I didnt change the food or anything. I have a frag of the birdsnest on the other side of the tank that it hasnt touched, nor has it looked at any other sps (yet).

Very strange about the Rics. Did they melt away after the Filefish died? Not perhaps ammonia issues? I'm sure a few people in CT have shut down their tanks due to the water issues.

Did they melt away after the Filefish died? Not perhaps ammonia issues?
Happened before filefish died. No ammonia/nitrate/phosphate/heat/etc. It was just the one patch that died while the others, including clams/sps didnt show any signs of stress.

Happened before filefish died. No ammonia/nitrate/phosphate/heat/etc. It was just the one patch that died while the others, including clams/sps didnt show any signs of stress.

Perhaps also nipped by fishies and became infected.

Lost all my rics in one go as well. They seemed to excrete a brownish slime out their mouth and then just melt away. Happened to those in my main tank plus in the connected frag tank. So it was something that travel easily in the water. Do not know what it was, or why. It was more than 50.

Back
Top Bottom