Dale's reef!

haha dude neither am i :thumbup:i saw u get special sealant thats clear especially for marine use then u can stain it like that dark wood colour because i dont rate the roof looks nice light?
well look at Mekaeels 1.8m tank, his hood is quite light but it really looks nice, so i think after a bit of a varnish it may look similiar? i just prefer the darker hoods because your eyes focus more on the tank than the wood:)

well softies to start off with then maybe some of the more challenging corals later on,i heard one or 2 6500k are good for growth, i also want a more blue tank though!

oh dude its not a scrubber just a 100l drum for extra water volume ie stability,wanting to maybe add one later on though.
ok i see, then you might want to put your skimmer in there or just be carefull about detritus building up in that container cause now it might not make it to the skimmer, but it could be advantageous too if you consider other ways of removing detritus

ya precisely my point haha although until i hav enough rock to aquascape and lights,the more distracting from the actual tank the better:lol:

ok and if i add a pump into my drum to circulate the water? mayb i shud do that then put a scrubber in the part where skimmer is now?

Dale, looking lekker man !!

Just a wild suggestion...... that black container you have for extra volume is a good idea, but you could use it more to your advantage ......... if you put it on the counter to the right, you could have the tank overflow into the skimmer then that would flow into the DSB the return pump would push water into the black container which would drain into the DT..... in the black container you COULD put in an extra DSB, some macro Algae, a ATS etc etc..... all the pods etc that grow would then drop into the DT for extra food for you corals and fish ........ just a thought !!

ok and if i add a pump into my drum to circulate the water? mayb i shud do that then put a scrubber in the part where skimmer is now?
you could, just make sure its worth the extra hassle if its under the DT, cause getting in and out to clean sucks some times
so u think 4 to 6 bulbs i mite b able to keep sps?
yup. it all depends on your water quality and flow if your lighting is good
Dale, looking lekker man !!

Just a wild suggestion...... that black container you have for extra volume is a good idea, but you could use it more to your advantage ......... if you put it on the counter to the right, you could have the tank overflow into the skimmer then that would flow into the DSB the return pump would push water into the black container which would drain into the DT..... in the black container you COULD put in an extra DSB, some macro Algae, a ATS etc etc..... all the pods etc that grow would then drop into the DT for extra food for you corals and fish ........ just a thought !!
was just thinkin about this, maybe you should turn it into a refugiumand have the return flow into it as neil suggests, and then pods will flow out into the DT which is :thumbup:

haha sounds good guys i under stand the placement of the drum etc but an extra dsb ?wat is an ats?i was wanting to put some macro algae ontop of my dsb in my sump?the prob is getting my parents to let me sit and i quote "the ugly black drum" lol on their counter

haha sounds good guys i under stand the placement of the drum etc but an extra dsb ?wat is an ats?i was wanting to put some macro algae ontop of my dsb in my sump?the prob is getting my parents to let me sit and i quote "the ugly black drum" lol on their counter
ATS is an algae turf scrubber, what we spoke about earlier. puttin a drum on your 'landlords' counter may not be so good :) what you need to do is only to raise the drum outlet above the tank rim so it can flow in, so you could still have it where it is, jsut rraise it and you would only need to re-route your overflow pipe and return pipe

but then wont i b losing alot of water volume?sounds good lol scubaninja ur tanks insane bud !didnt realise u wer my age lol

Dale,

Great start! I'm a bit concerned that the eggcrate is not going to hold up if you put any more weight on it. How do you have it supported?

but then wont i b losing alot of water volume?sounds good lol scubaninja ur tanks insane bud !didnt realise u wer my age lol
haha making me sound old dude, how old did you think i was? you wont lose any water volume man:) well, maybe a bit taken up by the DSB but thats added stability so its fine :) thanks for the compliment dude:thumbup:
I'm a bit concerned that the eggcrate is not going to hold up if you put any more weight on it. How do you have it supported?
yeah, this is true bud, gonna have to fix it up a bit when you get more rock

dont plan to keep it in there its temporary so lr isn on the sand but goin to get a flat piece and raise it slightly above the sand.haha well most guys with that many posts r older haha .

Back
Top Bottom