Achilles and the Life Aquatic

Wow there is not enough words in the world to describe the complete awesomeness of your tank... this is one of the most beautiful tanks on this planet and for surely the best in the country... i think your names colour should change to reef master.... now some questions... additives that go into this tank?? Amount of food fed daily?? Please could i see what your filtration looks like?? You my man deserve many many more happy reefing years...

Ruberto- thanks all my filtration is the same as in start of thread- many thanks for the compliments !

thanks guys an update is incoming quite a few changes had to frag the big monti it was taking over,
My female clownfish died but it was 100% old age she was with me over 18 years(id say over 20 years plus imo) and lived another 5 years after the last dominant paired female died and she became dominant female after changing from a male, the small male she was paired with is becoming a female - i have to keep an eye out for the mate (black saddle back) polymnus species

Also my cowfish is also on its way out it has for the past couple years developed a cataract in it's eye and is becoming blind in one eye now , also it appears to be having swimming problems after, a meal, i suspect changes to swim bladder and internal organs given it's age about a year ago i thought it was dead but managed to get it strong again so it is a fighter but time marches on...

Last edited:
sorry to hear, its a real honour to have someone on here with fish spanning decades...

thanks again for sharing

Hi there just a quick update been super busy in real life, i lost two very old fish my female sebae clownfish with me over 15 years ( i mistakenly posted 18 years prior but in reality she was prob at least 18 plus in age)transitioned from a male, and my beloved cowfish also with me over 14 years. sad to see them go but learnt so much from them over years and have fond memories.

i got gopro so ill be doing some in tank shots with it but here ismy first go pro vid from outside the tank View attachment 188995 please watch it in 720 hd or it looks bad go to setting wheel in youtube ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great vid, very awesome, well done...
Now some underwater footage of this beast ;-)

tank looks awesome @Achilles

what is the name of that plating monti in the top left part of your tank at 1min 10 second of video clip...has a lovely growth pattern..i have never seen that locally

fish look awesome too

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys

4age it is not a monti but tough beautiful coral in my opinion called pachyseris

cool. looks awesome..will add it to my list of sps to look out for...love the growth rings on it

Tank is looking exceptional as always! Its just amazing how HUGE some of those Angels have gotten...they also put into perspective how large your tank actually is!

Question - I remember you had the 2 side partitions for corals and reef safe fish, if I remember correctly, but now have corals in the middle as well. Are you planning on taking the partitions down at all in the future?

kunhardt - i have leathers and lps and zoanthids in side compartments the fish especially angels would eat these if they were in middle section , i only have sps and large anemone in the middle

You must be very proud of this inspirational tank, well done, I think it's fantastic.

Stunning video, perfect timing of the music and the appearance of the big fish from about 5:40 to 6:15. :)

Back
Top Bottom