4age's 6foot angelfish setup

ok guys..time for some pics...i have removed some kenya live rock from tank and added it to refugium. it rests on egg crate so water will essentially flow through the rock before going to the tank.

I also removed some rock as i did not want the tank to look like i just filled up with live rock. i think once i add corals and they settle in, it would look better. I also got one bi color blenny..what a character.lol.

refugium

DSC05835.jpg

dsb...must still add more sand..

DSC05836.jpg

tank..

DSC05819.jpg

view from other side

DSC05827.jpg

DSC05826.jpg

DSC05821.jpg

DSC05828.jpg

bi color blenny hiding away..
DSC05824.jpg

what you guys think?

Thanks guys, @seank, its a 2m by 60cm wide by 65cm high tank...looks bigger tho.lol

ok guys..time for a small update..tank is running nicely...going through diatom stage, which seems to be clearing slightly. I must still hook up nitrate reactor and carbon reactor to tank.

i have got some fish, stocking list so far..

1 blonde naso tang ( 7cm size)

1 bi color blenny

i common clown ( partner died in quarantine..must get another)

2 social wrasse..i love these guys..

i also have a filament flasher wrasse in quarantine..had a diamond back goby in qt too..but sadly it didnt make it.

will add pics later

Ok..time for an update..got woken up by someone at home telling me the tank cracked..walked into the loung to find one of the 2m panes cracked across the length..so now the tank is no more. Going to replace pane..but considering making the tank lower and redoing in black silicone..about 55cm high with water at 50cm..dunno how it will look in relation to length of tank.What you guys think of my plans?

That sucks dude, the tank was coming along nicely.

Ok..time for an update..got woken up by someone at home telling me the tank cracked..walked into the loung to find one of the 2m panes cracked across the length..so now the tank is no more. Going to replace pane..but considering making the tank lower and redoing in black silicone..about 55cm high with water at 50cm..dunno how it will look in relation to length of tank.What you guys think of my plans?

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Shallower will look wicked (IMHO) , almost shallow reef setup..

Yep..sucks..not looking forward to taking tank down,removing sand etc..was thinking of doing a totally different set up..mayb 1,5 by 70cm wide and 55cm high..but will cost me more than just replacing the 2m tank coz at the moment,the plumbing and everything else will remain as is...pity it going to set me back a month or so as I have to get the tank to run again..lost a lot of water..at the moment the fish are in the remaining 3rd of the water in the tank with the live rock,heaters and wavemakers on...figured that would be better than the stress of moving them to a temp home..once the work begins on the 2m I will move them

and I have finally repaired the tank...after a few months of having an empty cracked tank standing in the lounge.work has been keeping me crazy busy last year, and with new job i have to travel up to jhb every few months...so decided to go fowl this time..planning on keeping angelfish and butterflies as originally planned, along with some tangs..

so far i have planned the following list:

emperor angel
blonde naso tang
orange shoulder tang
blue line angel
long nose butterfly
regal tang
flasher wrasse (Not sure which species yet)
marine betta

what red fish can i add to tank?

You should have just checked out my 2.4m tank for sale, I would have given it to you at a bargain.

I may have some buckets of chemicals for you , I must check what I have in mu garage.

@Muz...i contemplated buying a new tank...but then i would have been stuck with my old tank, so just replaced the pane that cracked...wasnt too much of a schlep.

If you have salt there in your garage i definately wont mind

Last edited by a moderator:
I will look, just remind me.. I think I have buckets of different chemicals, carbon, calcium, that kind of stuff, I never used salt.

@BParker...corals will go in my planned 4foot shallow reef tank..they in a 3foot tank for now.

for my 2m tank i have added water and my live rock which i have had running in smaller tanks...so no cycling of rock at this stage...also added some mature water from smaller tank....tank still needs to be scaped properly once i move all my rock over

live stock wise...i already have the following..

emperor angel +- 10-12cm(love this fish)

blue ring annularis angel (+- 8cm)

wimple

2 common clowns

regal (Tiny guy...going to keep him in my 3foot until he has fattened up and is big enough to add to large tank, as im not sure how the larger emperor will react to it)

I added the Blue ring angel to tank first as i want it to settle down nicely before i add the emperor...

Angelfish wise...I want a few more (mostly dwarfs...bicolor/flame, jumping bean and a nice coral beauty), and then either a majestic or blue face..then im done...im not even sure a 2m is large enough for all, but will try and will have to seperate if aggression escalates.

CUC???

I have been wondering what CUC to use in this tank, as i will have large angels, butterflies etc...im not really going to keep large eels or lionfish though...will the angels eat/kill any shrimps, hermits, snails or urchins?

I am considering adding a trigger and hawkfish later on..so am worried about shrimps..i have heard of guys keeping boxing shrimp as they grow big enough..was thinking of adding a pair, then adding the fish when smaller...will that work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom