What did you do for your tank?

Mekaeel

Reaction score
I was just wondering, what did you guys do for your tank this weekend? Be it maintenance, adding livestock, water parameter test etc....

Lets update this thread weekly so we get an idea of what we did, what others did, and what we can do to improve our systems...

I will start:

25l water change
Siphoned spots of hair algae
Cleaned glass
Siphoned detritus from last chamber of sump and added a pump to the chamber so that detritus does not settle.
Stirred up substrate.
Replaced Carbon.
Cleaned lighting unit splash guard.
Glued down a few loose frags.

Lets hear your story... :thumbup:

Repaired a cracked baffle and added an new baffle section.
Now to get my parameters back to normal from disturbing filter tubes.
Treating my regal back to health

Topped up Atu container,
mixed in kalk,
added 15 minutes to metal halide timer
Pressed buttons on RW controllers to change flow pattern
Fed fish
Dosed easy vital
Wow... Quite a hectic weekend

Fed fish n topped up ro water container.

Also spent time getting quotes for new tank and planned scaping

Installed new diy dosing pump to syphon air out of my overflow.

Emptied and cleaned skimmer cup.

Will feed fish later. :p

Cleaned algae scrubber
Recalibrated doser
Tested alk, ca, mg and no3
Cleaned glass
Changed filter sock
Filled top up tank

Hi Ivan

Is this a once off thing or something you do regularly to create different patterns of flow?

Do it in a sort of pattern...as often as possible, but always revert to same settings and pump positions and leave it there, which is a gyre flow.... Two RW15's in 160L kinda gets the gyre going..... But think i need two RW 8's to get what I really want... Then change it randomly for a few hours, aim it at my tanks base, cause a detritus storm for an hour or three..... Then back to gyre.

Last edited:
Added new fish, CUC, corals and macro algae. Cleaned glass, topped up with ro, put filter wool in small filter. Enjoyed my tank.

siphoned main DSB clean. Did 50L water change on main system. Clean front glass, clean skimmer cup. Took out the ballvalve on the return line directly to the display.

220L holding tank, siphoned its DSB clean, did 30L water change. Clean skimmer cup

QT, Clean skimmer cup.

Sorted out electricals on new tank. Put tank on backup power. Took some water for testing.

Cleaned glass. Rearranged my gyro flow. Cleaned socks. Let My fish watch me. Most my maintenance happens during the week. Weekends are for family.

Back
Top Bottom