Triangle Tank

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Have learnt alot on this forum.
I want to start a new project n triangle tank in my room.
What would you sugest would be the best
Get the full tank Front,Bottom,left and right hand side?
Or only get the front pannel in build it into the wall?

I all ready have a suported slab in 1 corner of the room.
The dimensions is Left 0.8m x Right 1.0m x Front 1.3m x 1.2m high

Thank you

Hi Everyone

Have learnt alot on this forum.
I want to start a new project n triangle tank in my room.
What would you sugest would be the best
Get the full tank Front,Bottom,left and right hand side?
Or only get the front pannel in build it into the wall?

I all ready have a suported slab in 1 corner of the room.
The dimensions is Left 0.8m x Right 1.0m x Front 1.3m x 1.2m high

Thank you

mmmmmmm what kind of lighting you planning on using in this tank .... I hope you have "connections" in Eskom ...... you gonna need them!

What? I just saw the height. Are you serious? 1.2m???
The tank I had in Germany was 1.15m high and I was running metalhalides on it.
3x 1000W.
The tank is by far to small for this height. I think I am going to draw a sketchup modell for you, so you can see what it will look like.
Aquascaping is possible for a tank that size with a height of 700mm.
Everything above and you can not reach the bottom of the tank.
You will need at least 25mm glass for it.

This is what you are planning. Take note of the corners front left and right. How to clean this?

25074c95c21ac2fd2.jpg

25074c95c241de85f.jpg

This is the same tank just 700mm high. Does look better to me from the front.

25074c95c278812e4.jpg

This is what will solve the problem with cleaning the corners. It will give you almost 100mm more deepth from the front pane to the back corner.

25074c95c3291b84b.jpg

25074c95c33d79e01.jpg

Guys i think the dimentions he gave was for the slab...The slab being 1.2m from the ground. Thats my opinion

Guys i think the dimentions he gave was for the slab...The slab being 1.2m from the ground. Thats my opinion

Seems you might be right.;)

Yip, but I had to go back and read again to make sure...Cause 1.2m high is a very big hassle when cleaning, scaping etc... So ja wouldn't advise to go that high.
Like the sketches you drew up to display options for building the tank

I must agree, the 1.2m front is a bit high but espetialy when cleening a triangle.
That's the major draw back of a triangle tank in a corner, it can be difficult to clean and maintain at the back.
I wish you all for the best and ceep the pics and questions coming.

Thanx for al the advise.
the 1.2m was just a height of I thought off for the plannig but after I've seen this I would rather go with the design of Luckyfish with the corners wich is making more sense for maintaining the tank, and making the height 700mm.

For me as a biginner I would start with a freshwater tank and later convert to a maine tank or build a normal marine tank.

Just a nother question?
Does any body knows somebody in the pretoria/jhb area that can build this tank for me?

Welcome to MASA! A triangular tank is always a mission, and like Frans and other reefers mentioned, difficult to stick together with cilocone. The tank basically looses alot of strength if the sides do not come together nicely.

Looking forward to see the end result though..:)

Back
Top Bottom