The 130 Fish Box - with some softies

Sps not that hard to keep,even normal manual dosing wth a kalk srirrer will do. Some Cheato in the sump for nutrient export and a phosphate reacter. Running just 4 t5 will keep sps happy. Its not that complicated as people think.

Sps not that hard to keep,even normal manual dosing wth a kalk srirrer will do. Some Cheato in the sump for nutrient export and a phosphate reacter. Running just 4 t5 will keep sps happy. Its not that complicated as people think.
Thanks man i hear you but I dont want to dose anything, or keep a carx or any additional equip, i want to keep a simple system and just do water changes and change out the phos and carbon every now and then. have a Nice big community of fish and not have to have lotsa light. I want to keep it Extremly simple :thumbup: and cost effective. remember electricity going up again next year and again after that.

bump for updates dude..

pictures Captain Ziyaad :p

Not much to add. Had a WS outbreak and lost my flame angel. Took all fish out and put them in QT, added substrate and re scaped tank

Still to add:
Seperate refugium
Butterflies
Triggers
Angels

dscf5440.jpg

dscf5455.jpg

dscf5441.jpg

dscf5442j.jpg

dscf5443.jpg

dscf5445s.jpg

dscf5446l.jpg

Really looking good.

He he, like the child/domestic lock on the sump doors !
How about a black background to really make your colours jump out at you, will also disguise the flow pumps and their wires.

Lovely tank. Lots of experianced that experiance disease will not catch there fish and qt them, just leads to more stress. This is stressing the all the fish inside the tankwhen trying to catch them out. I use to have white spot before but never used a qt tank, and the fish all survived. Ask Midasblenny (Robin) with over 50 fish in his tank and never believed in qt. Damit he had some beautifull fish.

Really looking good.

He he, like the child/domestic lock on the sump doors !
How about a black background to really make your colours jump out at you, will also disguise the flow pumps and their wires.

Child lock my lighty used to open op and jump in the sump and play with the skimmer etc etc. I dont need it any more as he leaves it alone but his little sister has just started crawling so it stays on for another year or 2.
Yes black back ground is in the works just need to get it

Lovely tank. Lots of experianced that experiance disease will not catch there fish and qt them, just leads to more stress. This is stressing the all the fish inside the tankwhen trying to catch them out. I use to have white spot before but never used a qt tank, and the fish all survived. Ask Midasblenny (Robin) with over 50 fish in his tank and never believed in qt. Damit he had some beautifull fish.

Um bra i dont understand exactly what you trying to say but i think i got the just of it, Midas blenny was lucky. any person who does not QT and does not suffer disease is lucky. After loosing my flame angel and reading up on all successful reef keepers who advise on it the world around i believe in QT fish. Ask achilles if he will not QT fish before he puts them in his 3 m and see what he says?

soooo nice! i hope to catch you some flies this weekend in tk

Looking good, but will look better with some corals...

holy cow!
looking freaking awesome!

Awesome ziyaad, agree with ridwaan though, SPS on that scaping would be incredible.

Sps on the scaping would look awesome but i really want to have a fish tank and not a reef for the time being,

Ziyaad...lol time to put more in the tank it looks the same from when i saw it last year(which besides empty is a good thing)....seriously guys the lighting colour balance ziyaad has achieved in this tank is perfect!!!It looks even better in reality.

I think any future tank I set-up will aim for this kinda colour balance you got...plus this tank inspired me to make my stands a bit higher from now on so that the set-up is more in your face.....love this tanks clean look lol now sell it to me.:p when can I collect?

Well done ziyaad.

Last edited:
Your scaping looks awesome uncle. I'd have nightmares about the middle top rock though....lol. I know you made sure it is properly stuck there, just looks as if you are mocking gravity.....

Cannot wait for an outgrown coral reef here.

Btw, the black silicone is awesome

Back
Top Bottom