Skimz Nano Tank Build

Reaction score
Hi All,

ive been in the reef game for about 4 years now and after my selling of my Tank,i waited about 4 months and the bug bit me again, so i decided to buy a nano tank and try it out till i get my Monster tank build under way.

so i have just a few questions to ask:

• does anyone have threads that i can go on and check out mods etc. that where made to these tanks ?
  • How often would you say you need to do a water change?
  • are the lights sufficient to house zoa's etc.?
  • about how many fish would you suggest to keep in it ( if any )? -i was thinking one mandorin.
** tank will only be setup after the 21st September 2012**

but please any info would be greatly appriciated :thumbup:

picture.php

Wow, that's tiny, the only other fish I can think of right now are the Neon dottyback or a firefish.

Too small for a firefish imo. Clown goby and a cleaner shrimp perhaps?

If you have the stomach to feed these guys live starfish or pieces of starfish, a pair of Harlequin shrimp would look beautiful in such a small tank!

My thoughts also. Its a shame they only eat starfish, they are such delicate little shrimps. Would be perfect for that tank

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this Thread for you...looks like a Goby and a Shrimp as stated above

How much would that beauty set you back, saw a thread by @flappy that is selling a blue dot jaw fish for R2900, this thing looks like a dancing geisha, very, very pretty! Never seen one in SA.

Great info on PICO's @belindamotion, as always you are the queen of the web.:1:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say the only thing that really gonna be happpy in this tank is a goby, there are a few nice small ones. Like the neon gobies, clown gobies, eviota goby, red spotted trimma goby, red striped trimma gobby and masked goby.

As for water changes I would say 20% once a week.

I don't think that light is really sufficient for corals.

Its a bit hard to do mods on such a small tank, but there are a few things you could do.
I would build an auto top up unit, I think they are the most important on the small tank as the evaporation affects the salinity really quickly.
I would put some good cemical filteration in the back, such as chemi-pure elite.
Also modifying the lighting is a good idea if you want to keep any coral.

That flaming drawn goby is stunning! I have never seen one in SA though.

@mc i have been reading up and found out on a Australian site that most members have picos and they have successfully housed zoa's and xenia etc. in a tank like mine and they responded quite well

Back
Top Bottom