Sentari's New Tank

Lanzo will probably be ordering a few things from you next month.

This is what i might need.

Substrate - (Aragonite or sugar fine crushed coral) Dont know what to do here. Money is an issue.
Live Rock - +- 20Kg's
Spare Heater to mix Salt
Live Sand - Arag-Live 4.5 Kg or so for my DSB
Powerhead
Return Pump - 1500l/h

And i think thats the list for now.

shot man, when you ready just place order online or drop me a email/pm;)

the sugarfine araganite looks insane in a tank:yeahdude:

Okay so i filled everything up and tested my plumbing! Everything is working like a charm. My only problem is i think my King-2 Pump for my skimmer has given up on me. Either the ventri is broken or the housing for the impellor. So i have a choice now to upgrade the pump for my TS1.

Any suggestions of pumps and impellors?

Open up the pump and see what's wrong. Impellors are easy to find and are usually the culprits when things go wrong before you rush out and get a new pump

Open up the pump and see what's wrong. Impellors are easy to find and are usually the culprits when things go wrong before you rush out and get a new pump

Hi Tony

The Impellor looks 100%. I ran the skimmer about a month ago in normal water and it churned out some nice bubbles. If i tank the cap off where the impellor is. I can see where the seal is the plastic is broken there. I'm actually lost with this thing. Will try post photo's over the weekend.

Okay so... I kinda dropped my TS1 Skimmer in sy moer! :( Just my luck

So now the question is does anyone fix these or should i just buy a new one? also So i go bigger or keep the same TS1.

Good news is i got a new return pump of 2000l/h and did my return plumbing. I will post pictures soon. Would be nice to see what you guys think.

I would fix it but that is just me, I like fixing things. If you going to buy a new one I'll buy yours from you and try and fix it, depending on the damage that is... What broke exactly?

I would fix it but that is just me, I like fixing things. If you going to buy a new one I'll buy yours from you and try and fix it, depending on the damage that is... What broke exactly?

Personally i would fix it myself also BUT! How? Its acrylic right? Which means you cant exacly just glue it together. and its a TS1. So the inside is sealed. There's no way of getting inside the chamber? unless you know how?

Basically the inside pipe that points down has snapped off as well at the inlet pipe. They both just popped off once it dropped.

Manic what do you think i should do?

You can buy acrylic weld, it melts pieces of acrylic together. I know Idol Marine might be able to help you. I was there the other day and they had a TS1 and TS2 that had been broken in transport or something, and they fixed it. They looked good as new, don't know what broke exactly though.

Hi Deon, hope you are still happy with the tank, keep an eye on the for sale side you could pick up a skimmer there quite cheap. Why not use reggies play sand for the dsb and seed it with a cup or two from some fellow reefers.. Much cheaper at R40 for 20kg's

Hi Deon, hope you are still happy with the tank, keep an eye on the for sale side you could pick up a skimmer there quite cheap. Why not use reggies play sand for the dsb and seed it with a cup or two from some fellow reefers.. Much cheaper at R40 for 20kg's

Thanks Pete. The tank work was awesome thanks!

I got 20kg's sugar fine crushed coral for my substrate. Hopefully that will be enough to cover 1200 x 450. Will probably buy another 2nd hand skimmer. Will keep a look out.

Very nice tank looks as good as new man and very neat set up there
Any update pics?

Will update pics...

Sorry to hear about you dropping your skimmer...

No problem Riyad! Its they joys of this hobby!

Just cannot believe it is Lanzo’s old tank.

You have done an awesome job man.
Looking like new.
Keep up the good work.

Yep Schaun. Lanzo couldnt believe what ive done. Just realised i'm going to have to change the whole lighting unit. Probably do a DIY Unit.

Will keep you all posted.

Update Photo's

Questions and suggestions please!

FTS seen with the plumbing that was done.

SNC00290.jpg

SNC00291.jpg

My DIY Return. 25mm to a 40mm over the top with a siphon hole. All working like a charm!!!

SNC00292.jpg

SNC00294.jpg

SNC00297.jpg

SNC00298.jpg

I bought a 2000L/h return pump taking into consideration the 25mm and the 40mm aswell at the headloss.

Back
Top Bottom