Sentari's New Tank

So ive decided to cut my skimmer up and repair it. I cut the bottom off and will be putting it together tomorrow night. Wish me luck!

If anyone has any suggestions on what i should use to repair my skimmer i would really appreciate it. Also is the skimmer acrylic or perspex?

what you thinking of using to light the tank? T5 or a combo of hailide and T5. i was going to build one out of wood and suspend it with cables. bought the end caps for T5 and everything bud just his a bit of a dead end..

Okay so i started filling the tank on sunday after having a lovely 2 days in the bush :) My concern is does the RO filter always take this long to fill a tank. Its still running and only about 3/4 Full 2 days later. I have the waterboy reefmaster RO Filter.

Second question is i started building my canopy with Shutterply 18mm wood. I was just wondering if the canopy would be too heavy for my tank. Also what effects this? I have a euro bracing and a bracing in the middle. The tank previously had a hood on it also. Any views on this?

Okay so here's some pics of the slow.... filling and my DIY Canpoy that i had to make due to the water leve changing from the modification. This just moves my MH's up higher. Still have alot of sanding to do. Once thats done i'm going to coat it with Woodock 50 Marine Sealer and then experiment with a few cutoffs to see what the best colour stain will be, I will be painting the inside with white enamel. If anyone has done this before would be nice to see how thats done also.

Picking up LR from Lanzo this weekend!

The canopy will be my work for the next month while the tank is cycling.

Sorry about the pic quality.

SNC00311.jpg

SNC00312.jpg

SNC00313.jpg

SNC00314.jpg

SNC00315.jpg

SNC00316.jpg

Back
Top Bottom