Punk's Rimless Reef

hi jacques yeah it's the sunlight units, they are absolutely awesome, i would really really love one of those but new they're a bit out of my league (R13K)

i'm going to have to settle for a DIY light canopy using lots of those lumenarc reflectors and some T5's

i like the lumenarc reflectors because it look like they light a wide area...

OR i'm seriously considering one of the stunning Reef Inmates units, just need to chat to Leigh / Mad German to see what it'll set me back

awesome units these hey:
10_x_250MH.jpg

thank you Leigh! :)

guess what punk just ordered............

Reef Inmates SPS Extreme 3 x 400W MH (+ 8 x 54W T5):
spsExtreme3x400.gif

guys we are really blessed with some really awesome local manufacturers... how's this for great service, Leigh even drew me a scale drawing of how the unit will fit my tank!
spsExtreme3x400Design.gif

it should arrive within the next 6 weeks which gives the silicone enough time to set and enough time for the tank to cycle for a couple of weeks with no lights...

cheers
ant

That is an awesome lighting unit, top notch lights in my opinion.

Congratulations Punk. A great unit from a meticulous craftsman. A dyeing breed:thumbup:

small update...

small update...

the glass arrived at adriaan's place:
pic_glass.gif

got myself the Octopus BK-250 1200 Beckett Skimmer, will run it with an Iwaki MD70 pump:
pic_skimmer.gif

the stand also arrived last night:
pic_stand.gif

got a small wendy house (tool shed) to put my chiller, salt mixing and RO tanks, and possibly a small QT and hospital tank, this will allow me to run a monster big refugium (+ algae scrubber) under the tank (now i just need to drill through the wall :p):
pic_wendy.gif

adriaan is receiving a huge shipment of SPS today that'll keep him busy all day, so he said he might start the build tomorrow! can't wait :)

cheers
ant

This is going to be one hell of system :thumbup: - nice light from Leigh, monster skimmer.... now I feel like crying...

Good luck Punk, enjoy your project ;)

its so good to see you building your dream tank insteda of buying others, this really is an awesum buildt, both tank and lights look fantastic:)

spam time :)

hey guys, the 1'st build day has finally arrived!

here's some pics to spam you with

DSC00976.gif

DSC00977.gif

adriaan's right-hand man, edwin preparing...
DSC00978.gif

"what the !?"
DSC00979.gif

adriaan is a true perfectionist, he is meticulous that the glass is 100% clean before he silicones it...
DSC00980.gif

DSC00981.gif

DSC00982.gif

without these suckers the job would be a lot tougher...
DSC00983.gif

pieces of glass to prevent what happened to poor jaydun...
DSC00984.gif

"damn this stuff is heavy!"
DSC00985.gif

DSC00986.gif

DSC00987.gif

DSC00988.gif

DSC00989.gif

DSC00990.gif

edwin making sure it's perfect...
DSC00991.gif

DSC00992.gif

"how's that edwin?"