Urgent help needed Powder Brown not eating

Reaction score
Hi there

I have had my powder brown for a month now.

when I got him I put him in the DT & he was eating but got white spot so I put him in my QT for 3 weeks was eating & happy. I put him back in the DT & he was chased by my sailfin & fox face they are all the same size & after 2 days stopped eating so I put him back in the QT tank but he is still not eating?

I have put in every type of frozen & dried food, Red & Green Norri with & with out Garlic but he is just not eating!

I have tried running the QT with lights off but still nothing.

Hi Vatso - try mushed up/cooked peas, and small pieces of banana. I have never tried this, but I do believe that it works wonders...... Mekaeel confirmed that this works on a previous occassion, as he has tried it.

Jacque thanks will try that now

so normal frozen peas cooked will be okay?

This fish seems to be seriously stressed out. IF you plan to put him back with the others when he is eating again, I suggest you sump the Sailfin and Foxface, rearrange the scaping a bit, introduce the Powder Brown first and only then the other 2. Give him time to settle in first though.

110% JD was going to do that just need the powder brown to start eating - he is my fav fish!

I just tried banana & peas - And still nothing light are off as well so will just wait & see.

will carry on just feeding. I do not know what else to do?

vatso what i do is take some live rock and smash up pieces of marine mix into it, it normally works, maybe try doin that with Jacques food mix

I did lots of phoning yesterday about him & seeing if there was anything I could do!!

Not good news he did not make it :(

All the other fish in my DT are okay eating & happy! the stress must have been a large factor but he was the health est of the lost when he went in & in a matter of 2 days just stopped eating? I am very confused about this & if there was not another cause like being spiked by the fox face? or some thing else?

Just to add to this

He was eating very well for 3 weeks & then stopped and 5 days later was dead that is what I don't understand & why I think it was not just stress but something else

I know he was my FAV of all of my fish - I use to call him Caesar!

Exactly why I asked about the salin in your display vs QT maybe switching him between could have stressed him out if the salin was different ( which it should be )

But hey Vatso the sad thing is every fish that perishes means a slight learning curve for the keeper, sorry for the loss dude

He was stabbed in the back then...
Sorry to hear vatso, it is never nice, but yea try to figure out why, that might help in the future, as for me, I have no idea...

Just to add to this

He was eating very well for 3 weeks & then stopped and 5 days later was dead that is what I don't understand & why I think it was not just stress but something else

Sorry to hear about the loss, but this yet again confirms the oft ignored advise to not keep more than one tang in a tank! Tangs DO stress each other, and they will get sick (white spot...) or just die from stress or perhaps from internal injuries if/when the other tang attacks...

Hennie

Back
Top Bottom