Our LED Solution for the Boyu TL550-Nano Aquarium

Reaction score
We would like to introduce our LED lighting option for the Boyu-TL550 or any other Nano Systems.

Deploying 54Watts of CREE LED power this is definitely an option to look at when considering upgrading or selecting LED's for your nano system.

With our plug and play SmartSun Controller you to have the option of simulating the perfect sunrise and sunset over your reef every morning and evening.

The unit retails at R2200.00 Our new units arrive in a weeks time and we are taking orders. We offer full support and warranty for our products

Detailed specification : LED Spec Sheet

See our Demo:

Last edited by a moderator:
nice, about time retro-fit led options were available, once my tank is running, this will be a great option for my 550 when i fire it up again

awesome unit this, used it on my TL550 for months, worked a dream, and looks super neat

A stunning option for the nano cude without breaking the bank.

@R2200 this little unit boasts some serious value for money v.s performance

compliments of @AR van As

3525509_orig.jpg

4229658_orig.jpg
WHY do people have to put tangs in nano's when there are so many beautiful nano appropriate fish available. Cant you rather choose LS thats suited for a long term sustainable life for a display tank?

Crispen bud did ever occur to you that maybe hes got a bigger thank and that the tang would be moved to it? So in futer please think befor you post

Crispen bud did ever occur to you that maybe hes got a bigger thank and that the tang would be moved to it? So in futer please think befor you post

What a dumb post....with 18 posts behind your name, and making a comment like this?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by AR van As Crispen bud did ever occur to you that maybe hes got a bigger thank and that the tang would be moved to it? So in futer please think befor you post What a dumb post....with 18 posts behind your name, and making a comment like this?

What a dumb post....with 18 posts behind your name, and making a comment like this?

Take it easy gents, If someone wants to keep a Tang in a nano, its their thing, Rather teach them about Tangs and the swimming space they need and then maybe they will realise that they not doing the correct thing, or they will disreagrd what you say and buy another tang for their nano, either way, its their thing, afcool.

Last edited:
guys, can we please nip this in the bud now, and if you post is not about LED lighting then I would appreciate you take this up in another thread.

Thx

well actually andre i feel differently about this. You are a lfs using this display tank with its corals and lights etc as a promotional display for this LED unit (which granted looks great) but i feel you should NOT be placing inappropriate live stock in a tank and say its fine cause the lights are nice. That tang shouldn’t be in such a small tank, at all stage. and whilst as a lfs (i assume) you have the ability to move it to a larger system at will, there are many people whom view that photo and think its fine to add hippo tangs to nano because they have seen you do.
So im afraid hiding the tang under pretty lights doesn’t make it ok, it just highlights the fact that fish shouldn’t be in there, and you guys as retailers should know better.

My original post was about why choose and innapropriate fish for a small tank you wish to use as a promotional aid when there are so many fish that would be far better suited and show off that tank (and the lights) far better

well actually andre i feel differently about this. You are a lfs using this display tank with its corals and lights etc as a promotional display for this LED unit (which granted looks great) but i feel you should NOT be placing inappropriate live stock in a tank and say its fine cause the lights are nice. That tang shouldn’t be in such a small tank, at all stage. and whilst as a lfs (i assume) you have the ability to move it to a larger system at will, there are many people whom view that photo and think its fine to add hippo tangs to nano because they have seen you do.
So im afraid hiding the tang under pretty lights doesn’t make it ok, it just highlights the fact that fish shouldn’t be in there, and you guys as retailers should know better.

My original post was about why choose and innapropriate fish for a small tank you wish to use as a promotional aid when there are so many fish that would be far better suited and show off that tank (and the lights) far better

Hi @crispin, thanks for your comments. To be honest, when I received and posted this picture from my customer I did not even notice the hippo tang in this tank as the focus was on the "pretty lights" Our apologies for this.

This tank is not ours, and in fact about its about 1000 km away from us.

Last edited by a moderator:
perhaps send them a mail to explain why tangs in that size tank isnt good, and maybe not the best photo to use as a promotion then :)

Hi Andre - Does the controller not "control" the monlights as I see there's only 2 inputs

Back
Top Bottom