My Tank :)

you may need to catch that crab. when they get bigger they become opportunistic and try and take a quick shot at fish while they are sleeping

Agreed. I will put the crab in the sump once i catch it. Well thats if i can catch it. I believe this is going to be challenging.

Agreed. I will put the crab in the sump once i catch it. Well thats if i can catch it. I believe this is going to be challenging.
now only if you had a mantis:) catching crabs would be a thing of the past:razz: but go for it, i've taken out +- 3 crabs sine i've dont my aquascapin:( didnt see them at all before the aquascaping. i think they only show their faces once you've done the aquascaping just to rub it in:yeahdude:

need some help identifying these things on my rock

These are some sort of clam/mussel, i think they dead?
a22102008374.jpg

What is that pink lump, and just to the bottom left of it, the grey ball
a22102008375.jpg

What is that yellow ball?
a22102008376.jpg

What is that white milky substance?
a22102008377.jpg

Managed to get this guy out the tank, but i think his bigger brother is still around
a22102008378.jpg

Just measured my parameters and they as follows:

ph: 8.2
kh: 7
sg: 1.026
Ammonia: 0.25
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: <1
Temp: 26

Going to test till Saturday and hope the nitrites stay 0 and the ammonia comes down to 0.

If this is the case, can i go ahead with a snail and a hermit crab as clean up crew?

Wait till the ammonia hits zero, then worry about CUC, i would wait for a few days of zero before i added CUC.

Lol, i can wait for hermits and snails lol, found this guy today and sumped him (good or bad?), and i spotted another in my rock aswell. That makes 3 crabs so far. In terms of snails, i have spotted at least 8 different guys crawling around.

aDSCN2377-1.jpg

Damn this live rock came from my mantis tank. I would have thought that Jerri would have eaten all these hitchhikers.

the crab has very pointy claws, usually are hunters rather than scavengers, you could sump it (rather than kill it - he didn't ask to end up in your tank) or return it to the lfs.

the crab has very pointy claws, usually are hunters rather than scavengers, you could sump it (rather than kill it - he didn't ask to end up in your tank) or return it to the lfs.

He is in the sump

wow! they must be really good at hiding, these crabs! will they eat anenomes etc?

guys i been cycling my tank for about a week and a half.

I have had nitrites read 0 and and nitrates <1 (lowest it goes on the TM kits) since friday. With the above, my ammonia has never gone lower then 0.25 (since friday been at this level and remains unchanged). Any ideas why this is the case?
Could it be my ammonia kit is old (its a red sea kit)?

Is it even possible to have ammonia higher then zero when nitrites and nitrates are zero?

Back
Top Bottom