My New 1.5m X 1.2m X 650 Ocean...

That is a darn good price seing as they retail for R9100 at the moment and there is a price increase that will now set you back R9715 retail each.

My Vortech Pumps thats going on the new build...

2138500c460f7ad78.jpg

2138500c460f48688.jpg

How long to must I run just the NP Pellet Reactor with 30kg of live rock before I can move all my old tanks stuff over ???

NP pellets can take weeks to really become active, would help jf you dose bacteria and perhaps seed the new system with water and rock from the old system. If you have the luxury of time and can keep the old system running for a while it would be much safer to only transfer a little bit of stock at a time and testing throughout.

Would obviously Be the safest to do the move over a couple of weeks, less stressful than a 1 day move too!

NP reactor can take up to 6 weeks to be fully active. Just like a DSB, it depends on how well you seeded it.

If you can, setup the NP reactor to start up on your current system, for 2 to 4 weeks. Then you can do a tank move. All rock and lifestock plus some display water into new tank. Obviously the new tank is a lot bigger, so you need to have that up and running. You can move a few small rocks over to seed the substrate in the new tank earlier.

As long as you lift and shift the rock directly from old tank to your new tank, you would hardly have any die off. Tank would not go into a cycle. Just ensure the temperature, salinity and PH be the same.

Obviously it is better to drip the fish, corals and inverts. So get a lot of plastic bags.

I'm going to do this exact same thing next weekend.

Thanx Guys. The sides are now up and started the overflow and returns. Will take some pics this weekend and post some.. Enjoy Guys... Go BIG !!!

Thats it guys. All pipe work done. Tomorrow just the water test and then its ready for salt water ect...

2138502a9b93d7a8b.jpg

This is gonna be another awsome tank! Exactly the same diameter as mine. Cannot wait to see your scaping. What skimmer did you put in?

Enjoy your tank!

Tagging along.....

Back
Top Bottom