My New 1.5m X 1.2m X 650 Ocean...

I see the tank design is based on the display tank at Dorry Pets.

Coming along nicely.

Looking good!

What are your stocking plans? Will you just be dosing things like calcium as I don't see a Kalkstirrer or calcium reactors?

Looks awsome..but isnt that silicone borders to wide?
But if you like it then thats all that matters..Now fill her up already!!!

This is gonna be another awsome tank! Exactly the same diameter as mine. Cannot wait to see your scaping. What skimmer did you put in?

Enjoy your tank!

Hi Helga,

Its a Reef Octopus Bubble Blaster Cone HY-5000S:thumbup:

Hi Guys, System is up and running. The Cycle has started.

Here are some MIk and Druk Pictures taken from my Cellphone...

213850333697ab6d1.jpg

213850333697b0149.jpg

Looks awsome..but isnt that silicone borders to wide?

NOPE

check again
2138502a9b93d7a8b.jpg

On the right its actually the returns.... See the little box in the corner.
On the left is the overflow boxes down. same design as the display tank at Dorry

Take into account that it is a rimless design. Viewable from all 4 sides. A brilliant design to hide ugly over the top return lines.

Last edited:
Fabulous @Fires, seeing your tank so new and shiny gets me all excited again. I love the look of a new tank, especially if its such a looker! :p Well done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fabulous @Fires, seeing your tank so new and shiny gets me all excited again. I love the look of a new tank, especially if its such a looker! :p Well done!

Hi Helga,

Yes gives new meaning to reefkeeping again.:thumbup: And get me all excited again....

I see you have a tang in it, is the tanks cycle complete?

Hi Jaycee.
I have put the lights on brackets supplied by Nathan. My tank was seeded by 80kg of live rock and then my dsb with 8 cups of the old dsb. Currently doseing Zeovit Bak and all readings are untraceable. NP reactor also running....:thumbup:

Hi Jaycee.
I have put the lights on brackets supplied by Nathan. My tank was seeded by 80kg of live rock and then my dsb with 8 cups of the old dsb. Currently doseing Zeovit Bak and all readings are untraceable. NP reactor also running....:thumbup:

If you keep up the bacteria dosing it should hopefully be ok, 80kg is also a lot of live rock so that helps.

The DSB probably does not mean much yet, even if seeded, they take a long time to work properly. Same with NP pellets.

Just keep on checking Ammonia levels as that will be the first sign of issues at this stage, and also the thing that will kill the fish if it's high. Luckily the bio load from the 1 or 2 fish should be very low on a tank that size.

Back
Top Bottom