Mauritius 2013

Reaction score
busy uploading some videos and pics of what we managed to salvage before some prick stole one of our cameras off the beach yesterday
will post what we can as soon as uploaded....fingers crossed out internet connection holds as it was down the whole of last week

cool

to get it started
heres is a link to mika and i taking a aerial view of trou de douce - isle aux cerf

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm what a life, while others slog their guts out to make ends meet ... Lol

blue bay snorkeling 1 - YouTube

good watch to get perspective of how shallow this place is in places (ranges fron 1 meter to 15 meters) and how clear the water can get there

i stayed a bit shallow as a big shark was spotted on the drop that morning
and didnt want to be floating ontop of a drop for bait

Last edited:
elephant ears for miles and miles at this place

this anenome and clown have been at the same place for over 10 years....i have seen them every year for 10 years now....sadly the last 2 years the clowns partner was killed and it has not paired up again

this is the offspring of the anenome i spoke about above....they lie about 2 meters away from the main one

Last edited:
dont be.....mauritius not as great as it was 5 or 6 years back....
alot has changed.....annualy

the sea is in bad shape
sharks are present now at alot of the places

the corals are in really bad shape, and fish numbers are down

the exchange rate vs rand is shocking......floating below the Rs3 mark when it was Rs4.20 plus before.......so everything very expensive

the people are generally still friendly......good families like sagar ans meneeka's family especially
but because the economy is shot...people are really struggling and thus they start looking to steal and tourist are obviously prime candidates......

i had my camera stolen from me literally 3 meters away from me on a sundeck and table.......
when reported it to police...they say...they get atleast 5 to 6 cases a day at each station in this regard
this was never like this before

anyway...still a great holiday....but we now begin to maybe explore other options that are value for money i guess

still i great holiday though.....just used to be alot better both under the sea and above

I could recommend a spot in Sulawesi that'll make your head explode after 5 mins underwater...

dont be.....mauritius not as great as it was 5 or 6 years back....
alot has changed.....annualy

the sea is in bad shape
sharks are present now at alot of the places

the corals are in really bad shape, and fish numbers are down

the exchange rate vs rand is shocking......floating below the Rs3 mark when it was Rs4.20 plus before.......so everything very expensive

the people are generally still friendly......good families like sagar ans meneeka's family especially
but because the economy is shot...people are really struggling and thus they start looking to steal and tourist are obviously prime candidates......

i had my camera stolen from me literally 3 meters away from me on a sundeck and table.......
when reported it to police...they say...they get atleast 5 to 6 cases a day at each station in this regard
this was never like this before

anyway...still a great holiday....but we now begin to maybe explore other options that are value for money i guess

still i great holiday though.....just used to be alot better both under the sea and above

so we got to swim with the dolphins yesterday and we also snorkled te outer reef at black/river tamarin.
great news is that the corals and sea life down that side of he island (south west) are in much much better condition than the north.
im busy uploading the gopro video of a snorkel i did there were i even managed to find a quick glace on the endemic mauritian trigger swimming with some black surgeons.
bad news is the other south african on the boat who had a camera focused more on taking pics of us than of the marine life,,,,,but if you look around us you can get an idea of the water quality and conditions etc etc.
here are some video clips and pics of the past 2 days

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom