Mantis Madness

Madness tank has been upgraded for now. I wait for B to fall asleep and took out the 1m emergancy tank and set it up on my dresser then transferred the current tank over and topped up with water from the main tank, as well as 20 % water from the aquarium. But now they are so anti-social... I only hear them at night.....

Dane, I have good news.... I have an aqua blue crab which seems to filter feed... He had his two legs with what looked like tiny nets on the end and he was scooping the water... I didn't get a very good look, but I'm very sure he's a filter feeder. If I ever get him out, he's all yours... Maybe we should have. CT meet at my place sometime and we can play let's get all the wierd critters out of the LR.

Can you post a pic of that wierd crab you showed me. Sure someone on hte forum will be able to ID it.

meet at my place sometime and we can play let's get all the wierd critters out of the LR.
well have to make that meet a whole weekend :p (again)

It was great meetin you the other day! As soon as Cell C gives me my bandwidth for the month I will, bEen waiting 4 days for them to sort it out! Can't upload from my bb!
At my place its easy to have a weekend long function. My man chose the house, and all the furniture so its a guys paradise! Too many distractions, no one would discuss their tanks!
Will post pics soon.

I wait for B to fall asleep and took out the 1m emergancy tank and set it up on my dresser then transferred the current tank over

Hahahahaha! That is priceless!!! :D

Dane, I have good news.... I have an aqua blue crab which seems to filter feed... He had his two legs with what looked like tiny nets on the end and he was scooping the water... I didn't get a very good look, but I'm very sure he's a filter feeder. If I ever get him out, he's all yours... Maybe we should have. CT meet at my place sometime and we can play let's get all the wierd critters out of the LR.

Would absolutely love to take him!!! Wow! Those are my favourite inverts!!

no one would discuss their tanks!

I am willing to place a very large bet against this ;-) Hehehe.
D

Last edited:
You seriously need to come and get some Fiji LR here in my hood. I will meet you there. I always get wierd crabs and Mantis Shrimps. "He who is not to be named" will second that one!
I wish I could give you all of my crabs! I have another variety too, I showed 459B a pic of one of them and told him about my mantis shrimps at my LFS last week, and he said I need to chat to you. Its a pretty but freak beetle-juice looking crab!
Will mail you pics as soon as I have internet again.

Hehehehe, I've heard the rocks in that place are practically crawling with beasties. Except they usually run away when people start picking rocks out of the tank - with you I hear they form a queue for who gets to hitchike first! :lol:

Amped to see the pics :)

Back
Top Bottom