LR Advice

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am new to marine tanks, but not quite new to aquariums.

I have just bought my 6ft tank and am busy buying the equipment for it. Unfortunately this is not going to happen in just one month, as I want to make sure I buy the best quality I can afford.

I find it quite easy to choose equipment to buy as plenty reviews are available on the Internet and its quite easy to compare brands and features.

But LR seems to be a different story. I have been to many fish stores to see what they offer, but since you are only buying 'potential' without actually seeing what you are getting, I am wondering if you guys could give me places to find the best LR. I am not necessarily looking for the cheapest, but I want to make sure I get good quality rock that will populate my tank quickest and with the most variety. Any place names, contact numbers or websites will be great.

I stay in Centurion, but is willing to travel anywhere in Gauteng.

I am also considering buying online, if there are good, trustworthy sources you guys know of.

This forum is really excellent!!

masahello

there are several types of LR, Fiji, indo, kenyan etc, they are all good, for me its really a lucky packet, but most LFS do sell premium with tons of life on it.

u can look in the sponsors forum, like DorryPets, they have great LR

and hope you enjoy your time here.

glas to see you taking things slowly as anything done quickly ends up having to be redone again.

:wave2: Welcome to MASA.... Give me a shout I also stay in Centurion and more than willing to help you out by taking you to the best places to get your goods and show you the ones to avoid:whistling: I can take you to Dorry Pets to start with, he has some good live rock

Go for Fiji if you can find it, it is very light and porous, it's the best you can get IMHO

Welcome to MASA

Try Pet Stop in Rietfontein Pretoria, they stock quite a bit of LR both base and live.

Welcome to MASA, enjoy your stay with us, read and learn a lot. Don't be shy to ask questions, we will gladly help! ;)
Please ask before buying equipment as well, as some LFS will sell you outdated stuff - like old type sumps, bio-balls and ceramic rings/noodles. Maybe even weak lights :p

:wave2:

Back
Top Bottom