LED Spots to Replace MH's

Some what? Is that like a boat or something?
...You strap them on your arms... actually bugger it bring an anchor and chain and I'll teach you how to hold your breath, first rule in catching marines:biggrin:

Okieee whens the best time to come down. I ain't gonna get chomped by jaws
Best for you would be on a nice windy winter afternoon at high tide:biggrin:

Any update's on these led's and are they available for purchase in south africa yet?

LED Flood Light - Up to 8000 lumen bright replacement LED for 500W incandescent metal halide

thumb.php

A bit pricy...

@Keeganp the colour temps are a bit low, these are between 2700k and 7000k the one's i'm interrested in are between 10000k and 14000k.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Keeganp the colour temps are a bit low, these are between 2700k and 7000k the one's i'm interrested in are between 10000k and 14000k.

Yeah I saw that, maybe pop them an email? I just did a quick google search and found those,
If those temp's are available I'm sure they are going to be quite a hectic price..

I sold up everything when I left KZN,
But a brief feel of these lights if you can get (10000-14000K) is that they have a massive spread due to shape of the reflectors.. so to get max usage out of them they have to be very near the surface, and you need to drill holes in the driver box cover as it can get hot coz there are no fans and the units are designed for outdoors.

I bought these over a year ago and multichip technology has gone crazy!!!
You can even get 300W Chips now:eek:

I sold up everything when I left KZN,
But a brief feel of these lights if you can get (10000-14000K) is that they have a massive spread due to shape of the reflectors.. so to get max usage out of them they have to be very near the surface, and you need to drill holes in the driver box cover as it can get hot coz there are no fans and the units are designed for outdoors.

I bought these over a year ago and multichip technology has gone crazy!!!
You can even get 300W Chips now:eek:

Care to share where you sourced them from? :)

Thanks.

Care to share where you sourced them from? :)

Thanks.
Hey @Keeganp,
I was in China for work about a year ago and I was luckily enough to find these lights in an LED Lighting Market. I did not find these over the web.
But If you are interested in importing light units with multichips to replace MH's I would suggest just buying the actuall multichips (Loads of sites that sell the good ones, Cree, bridgelux and Epistar.
The cost of sending lights over especially big units like this is very expensive on freight... they then slap you with 20% custom duties and vat on top...
So whatever you actually see prices on these sites, you can more than double it to get it landed here.
What size tank are you wanting to put lighting over?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom