Issues with the Idol marine chiller

the one i have has the controller built in to it it has probe that measures the temp all time and switchs the fans on as it needs to but Idol says u can also use it with a proflex

please post a pic of how it is setup :)

How long have you been using it? and what is the maintenance on it? How does the controller work? i dont have profilux and so on, so can it work on its own with its own controller?
I have been using it since Sunday morning...

I have chosen the one without controller because I got profilux aswell...
I am controllling it with the profilux propellor breeze controller which has variable speed for the fans...

It has a grid in the tube but to me it will only need rinsing like once a month or so...Maybe even two months...

Get a profilux or the cooler with built in controller, but i dont know if the cooler with the built in controller has a variable fan speed setting...

I have been using it since Sunday morning...

I have chosen the one without controller because I got profilux aswell...
I am controllling it with the profilux propellor breeze controller which has variable speed for the fans...

It has a grid in the tube but to me it will only need rinsing like once a month or so...Maybe even two months...

Get a profilux or the cooler with built in controller, but i dont know if the cooler with the built in controller has a variable fan speed setting...

It is safer to get the one with controler if your profilux brake then the controler will act as a fail safe

@Yuri - I don't think so, as the Profilux has a built in feature that allows you to either leave something permanently on or off if it goes wrong, or there is a power outage.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Yuri - I don't think so, as the Profilux has a built in feature that allows you to either leave something permanently on or off if it goes wrong, or there is a power outage.
Lots of stuf can happen the probe can get broken then maybe it will cool permanently and kill all your fish and coral
Maybe the probe wire get pulled and it gets pulled out of the sump ( only reeding the air )
Then you will also have a problem ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Yuri,yes you right,but if you secure your probe correctly and your wire gets ducked you should not have a problem,and a spare probe always good to keep,its the same with a chiller,if you dont clean the air vents then you can also have a problem with compressor burning out,so i will say regular checking and a fail safe monitor for temp that hagen stocks that will alarm you when temp drops to low,or a fail safe probe that you fit in your sump via a cheap basic plc that will power off your cooler if temp drops to low also will save you thousands,i am going to connect a plc up,that will run my,chiller so that if temp drops to 23degs it will power of the chiller.

Back
Top Bottom