I am new and Smile from Bolton UK

Reaction score
Dear fellow members,

Firstly I would like to apologise for not being able to post any comments or threads since I have joined this lovely forum. I have been in the hobby for almost 18 years but never made attempts to have a reef setup before. Due to my workload and family commitments it is very hard to spend much time on the reef setup.
After years of nagging (lol) my wife has kindly agreed to have one whole section of the front room to accommodate the tank. She is a brave woman....lol.
I have recently started to work on the tank and my pipe work is almost finished now, except sorting out my Durso Twin Standpipe and then I be all done. I am working on two projects and tank dimensions on both tanks are hugely different.
My front room reef tank (in feet) 6 x 2.5 x 2 (sump 5.4 x 1.5x 1.5)

These pictures are around 6 months old and lots have changed since.
Background not painted yet

PC190002.gif

PC190004.gif

Bottom pipe water flow will be connected to 2 x 5000lph eheim compact. 1 x eheim 5000lph to run the top pipe work. The pumps you see in the pictures have been sold on eBay and no longer in use.

PC180490.gif

Some bits and bats to build Bonzie tree format coral reef....
like this one

DSC05508.gif

PC190006.gif

PC230077.jpg

PC230080.gif

Pipe work from the top.
PC220056.gif

Some live rock.... This is 200kg for my small tank sitting in the well ventilated area. I will start curing it very soon as my whole setup is new so I am not really that worried if there is any die off due to not being in the salt water. 80kg of live plate rock has also been ordered from Germany.

PC310023.gif

Lights

3 x 250 watts Arcadia series 3 with 2 x 14k BLV bulbs and 1 x 20k Coralvue bulb. I will only be using these lights to kick start as I am hoping to move onto LED lighting system. My company is involved in LED and controls systems business so I get to test few of the products. Once it is ready I will post some pictures on the forum.

PC220055.gif

Second Tank
12 x 4 x 12 in T shape. ( total volume roughly around 2000 UK gallons)
Sump by TMC...... have a look at the picture in the background you will see. You would not be able to see the main tank since it is placed in the main living room. You can see some of the hospital tanks which (Jason, big fella) maintains and looks after.

PC260014.jpg

PC260012.gif

To cover the large tank we have ordered around one ton of live rock, yes one ton and this is serious. The live rock will be directly imported from Indonesia. I will post the pictures once the delivery has arrived.

I know I have not posted one the best pictures since they were lost when a very bad criminal minded crab stole my lap top from my car's boot. Well you know what I am trying to say! I lost all tank build diary and now I am digging out whatever I could find from the desktop computer and they are not great at all (pictures). Most of my diary was done in PDF format but nevermind, I learnt my lesson! never put all your eggs in one basket.

Let’s see if the pictures turns up or not and then I will do the full diary.

Thanks for looking..

Last edited:
welcome to MASA!!!!

awesome setup, look forward to more!

Welcome back! WOW, that is some project you got going - enjoy and best of luck ;)
We're waiting for the rest of the pics :whistling:

I have been in the hobby for almost 18 years but never made attempts to have a reef setup before.
To cover the large tank we have ordered around one ton of live rock, yes one ton and this is serious. The live rock will be directly imported from Indonesia. I will post the pictures once the delivery has arrived.
WOW, you certainly don't take sh*t from canaries :thumbup:

WELCOME to MASA, and to the joys of keeping a small piece of reef in your house.

I really like your "engine room" visible in the background of the second last pic - care to elaborate on what you've got there...

Hennie

WOW Tahiriqbal! All I can say is WOW!

You REALLY have your design sorted!

Many thanks for joining us here at MASA! Great to have you on-board! Please don't be shy now and stay away - we would LOVE to follow the progress of your new tank/s build!

Kindest regards.

Welcome to MASA Tahiriqbal, really mouthwatering set up you have going there!

Its great to see such a system comming together please keep us updated it would be lovely to follow the build:)

Welcome to MASA Tahir, i'm from just south of London, so not far from you:)

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing much more of this setup.

Hi there everyone and thanks for the lovely comments on the setup. Will keep you posted as I am trying my best to take as many pictures as I can and saving them on 3 diffrent computers just in case one fails and I loose my pictures once again lol.

The engine room you could see in the background on second last picture is by TMC, recirculation system bougth from TMC in manchester UK... don't ask how much I paid for it as not allowed to disclose the information..... very expenisive.....
Here is the link for you to have a look at and you can do your own reading on the system.
TMC: Commercial Filtration Products

me too! when i replied to thread at 1am this morning, i thought i was dreaming

Back
Top Bottom