Eye pics

crispin

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was trying some very challanging photography of getting "front on" face pics of fish with eyes in focus. Not really getting there, but when one does get a good shot they are normally beltlers:)

I wonder if anyone else will take up the challenge with me (come on sunburts, sean, warr etc etc etc you all take good pics) and try get some front on face pics.

Or

I love the evolutionary trait of eye stripes, so side on of eyes of fish.

here a few shots I have so far.

crispin

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
the real bugger with these shots is getting the pectorials in focus and not the eyes....so this is a shoit i need to redo. watch it, that mistake comes through in most of my shots

crispin

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
My copper band. Now this is a bloody hard shot to take with macro lense due to the depthy of field. I know this is a crap shot, but focussed out by a mm and would have been great....i'll get one soon i think:)

again its the pectorial in focus, not eye! :( grrrr
1302.jpg

Warr7207

Moorish Idol
Reaction score
Sorry can't help out here, I have a crap lens, can't get those wicked macros

crispin

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
I am not on the list:whistling:, but here is my attempt. Bit out of focus.
You are...under etc etc:) all ecompassing! :) and nice try at that yellow, another hard fish to shoot...well with a camera anyway:)

thanks guys, some really good shots there:) Viper that bangai and that Chromis are two great pics:)

Mekael thats one hard fella to get a good shot of, fast fish, but see when he is hungry, they often look at you through the glass and try take a pic then:) trick the fella!

Gaboon, seems like you have a decent camera or some good skill there mate, nice shot! :)