Dripping Kalkwasser and Bio Pellets

Discussion in 'Water Parameters and Additives' started by danimal, 8 Aug 2014.

1. danimal

danimal

Hey guys

I'm been running biopellets and phosban for a while together, and dosing aquavitro's 8.4, calcification and ions and have been happy (apart from a bryopsis outbreak, but that is another story. am busy trying to get my Mg up to combat the bryopsis).

anyway I'm getting tired of buying the aquavitro stuff all the time and thinking of dripping kalk instead (will still have to dose for the Mg obviously).

so if pellepts are a carbon source, i need to keep my alk down, preferably below 8ish. is there anything else I need to be aware of?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

8 is fine, keep it stable there and no issues

4. Meg G

Meg G

at what level do you want to take phosphate and nitrate? carbon dozing is redfield 1 o 1 the bac that forms take up carbon phosphate and nitrate without one of those bac can not grow. ratio is plus minus 122 to 16 to 1 this will be then skimmed out. CaCo also have carbon so if your kh is to high the bac will take up the co and leaf you with ca. whick will bumb your ca. cyono also like carbon and if no3 is out it will take N. also ca level must be lower at 420 its balance with kh at 7.5dkh and mg1280 at 35ppt

Recent Posts