Blue Face Trigger

Reaction score
13924949673ad919a.jpg

Hhhmmm - try and dose some pellets in garlic..... I know I shouldn't - BUT, just TRY the "normal" crushed garlic...... Works a charm! Or even perhaps some tiny fresh banana pieces.... I believe that this too works....

still wont eat

Its day 3 and still nothing:whistling:. Tried banana with no luck. Now I need to siphon out because I don't want stuff rotting in the quarintine tank. Its only 90litres.

Im tempted to put him in the DT since no signs of any illness - maybe he just wants a more natural environment than the clinical QT.:(

Day 4 and still no luck

Okay now i'm getting desperate. I took a drive to the Strand in CT and caught some baby hadders which I through in with the Trigger. Even this live food did'nt get him interested.

My DT however loved the addition of both the banana (which was a 1st for me) and the hadders. They devoured everything in seconds.

Now his dying

Its so sad to watch. The trigger shows no visible signs of any deasease, but now he is so weak from not eating that he just lays at the surface of the water. Don't know what to do. Should I leave him suffering or is there a humane way to kill him.
1392495256f8c2140.jpg

this is so sad to hear. what about just putting it in the DT? see if the movement of other fish gives it some life? i'm sorry to hear this once again, i dont know much to help seeing as though the garlic didnt work

Doesn't look good

THanks for the advice so far. I moved him away from the surface myself and his fins look a bit ragged as well as his one eye looking a bit cloudy. Dont think i'm going to risk the DT with him.

I will try the garlic again, but given his current state I doubt he will eat.

other option is to force feed him im sure it can be done. but im not sure on the procedure did u try any of the international forums for help/advice?

Thought u guys where the experts

Nah - I never tried the international forums since I thought you guys were the experts. Or at least since we are all fellow SA Reefers I felt more comfortable. My view is if you guys don't know how then thats IT.

I really apprecaite the assistance so far though. You can only do so much over the net. I bet if one of you where physically here you get things sorted in no time.

Nah - I never tried the international forums since I thought you guys were the experts. Or at least since we are all fellow SA Reefers I felt more comfortable. My view is if you guys don't know how then thats IT.

I really apprecaite the assistance so far though. You can only do so much over the net. I bet if one of you where physically here you get things sorted in no time.
a lot of guys have gone away for the holidays. but not everythin can be solved. We can try help where we know what can help you. so far as my knowledge goes of trying to get things to eat i knew about half of the things that were already suggested to you. Dont be down, things happen, even if we try our best. just keep trying, you never know what could happen

Man the truth is that SA has not being in the scene for a very long time. There are many many more experienced people in foreign countries more esp in the states. Not taking anything away from our local boys but the truth is that there is more experience and lots of different people on a Forum like reefcentral compared to the 4 to 7 experienced people who can give proper advice on our local forums.

Reef Central tend to be a bit snobby to foreigners.

Try Reef Frontiers , they seem to be a much friendlier bunch and you're more likely to get a response from there.

Good luck with your fish, are you sure your parameters are 100% in your QT tank?

What about adding some Vitamin C?

Vitamin tablets

I told you that you guys where the experts. Reef central only gave one response asking me to check parameters and to add vitamin B12. Your suggestion is vitamin c. OK - So help out a noob here. I assume I get it at a pharmacy - and then what would the dosage be for 90l.

THis may sound creepy so forgive me. I have a jar of jungle vites which is a kids multivitamin suppliment. It contains Vitamins A,D,E,C, B1,B2,B6 and B12.

Per Tablet , The Vitamin C is 60mg (which is the highest thing by far) and B12 is 2mg. Howzabout I drop a tablet or 2 into the QT ?

All parameters are normal in the QT except for Nitrite which is 5 (i guess from all the attempts at different foods. Of course Salnity is 1,015 due to the hypo treatment.

13924953678ba5001.jpg
139249536797e282f.jpg

@viper

I have never experienced any snobism on Reefcentral even with my username being what it is.LOL

@amalick

U gota understand that its christmas not very many people would be online.

That being said I still hope u come right no matter where the advice comes from and get the fish sorted

Back
Top Bottom