Baz Design 1.5m Reef

CW

Reaction score
Very nice baz
Perfection is rhe word

Reactions: Baz
Reaction score
Thanks

The white pvc pipes are actually meant for low pressure applications like drains and offcourse electrical trunking. The high pressure (shedule 80 I think) pvc pipes in SA are usually a light blue color. Most hardware and irrigation stores stock them. I ordered these from petstop a while back. You can allways vinyl wrap them any color you want though. That is way cheaper and the color options are endless :m06:
Thank you now I know where to look... Didn't think builders would stock something like that thought you'd have to buy from a piping/plumbing shop.

Great idea to vinyl wrap them :thumbup: now I can make a rainbow of pipes :lol:

Baz

Reaction score
This is amazing brother!! Glad i could sort that light for you. Very nice what you did with it though.

When are we getting water??
Thanks bud.

I have a gap between tank and stand on one of the corners. It seems as if the stand is not 100% at that spot. I removed the top wood panel of the stand and the high dense foam and replaced it with a 30mm high dense foam only to see if the gap might settle out when I fill the tank. That change has reduced the gap to about 2mm and its not settling out any further so I am going use some black silicon at that spot and put the tank on the stand again. Whatever silicon pushes out will just be cut with a blade after it has dried.

I need to leak test the plumbing before I can put the tank on its spot, so after I am done sorting the gap I can do that.

Will have to pull up my socks and get it done... :m28:

I hope to start by the end of this month if all goes well... :m85:

Baz

Reaction score
Also need to fit the support for the manifold in the sump. These are 3D printed pieces. Thanks @Vleis Visagie for the help with this. This will basically just to hold up the 3 valves in the sump. Couldn't use the usual pvc pipe clamps because the sump is not against the cabinet at the back. That space is reserved for trunking.

And some brackets for the dosing lines also. The plan is to run 5mm acrylic tubes through these and use red silicon tubing for the bends. Already have everything for this.

Vleis Visagie

Be good or be good at it
Reaction score
Also need to fit the support for the manifold in the sump. These are 3D printed pieces. Thanks @Vleis Visagie for the help with this. This will basically just to hold up the 3 valves in the sump. Couldn't use the usual pvc pipe clamps because the sump is not against the cabinet at the back. That space is reserved for trunking.

And some brackets for the dosing lines also. The plan is to run 5mm acrylic tubes through these and use red silicon tubing for the bends. Already have everything for this.

If those hands could talk. Hehehehe. No problem bad boy.... Looking good.

Are you gonna colour those clamps to give them a nicer finish?

Top Bottom