Yo

LOL... there aren't many female reef keepers anywhere! So no worries, I'm used to all these boys by now. ;)

That's too bad about the grass skirts being a joke though. That was starting to sound like fun! lol

Hey! "Welcome" to MASA. A bit strange "welcoming" you seeing as you've been here basically forever ;) Glad to see a post finally :p

You know what's funny? I don't even remember registering 6 months ago (even though obviously I must have). I found out when I tried to register again a few days ago and it said "sihaya" was already taken... so I figured that must have been me.

i was expecting something like that from Hill.great guy though :lol:

Lol sihaya, you were basically the 2nd person to register ;) "vaporize" was the first, any idea who that is?

I'm glad we at least know who one of these strange people are that register and then never post... :D

Wait... I'm getting a flashback. Is there another South African forum? And then did you guys send out a mass email saying you were starting this one? I may have registered upon getting such an email.

No, unfortunately I don't know who "vaporize" is. The only screen name here I recognized was Anthony's (DragonReef).

Yep... That's pretty much what happened.

LOL... there aren't many female reef keepers anywhere! So no worries, I'm used to all these boys by now. ;)

That's too bad about the grass skirts being a joke though. That was starting to sound like fun! lol

Ha Ha see guys I nearly got us a pic to be proud of...... For our gallery section. ;) :lol: Boy I wish I was still a boy. Those were the good old times. No responsibilities. chased girls all night, drank way too much, etc etc. Viper can you remember that far back. :lol:

Have none of you ever chatted to anyone from Europe or America and had a chuckle when asked about the wild life running around the villages?

Maybe I am just in too humorous a mood today. :1:

Hey I didn't get an e-male. Well too bad I found you guys anyway. Internet hide and seek. :lol:

Those were the good old times. No responsibilities. chased girls all night, drank way too much, etc etc.

Um, you need to come to an American marine/reef aquarium conference. Uh... how should I say...? We get hundreds of people to come out to the conferences and yet only a few dozen ever show up for the lectures. ;)

You also need to meet Bob Fenner. I have a feeling you might like him (not that anyone ever doesn't).

I've met Anthony Calfo. I love his style of lecturing and writing. I have gone as far as offering him accommodation if he ever wants to tour our side of the country. We have a few interesting spots in our area. I will probably cover the tank up for a few days when he comes though. :lol:

Would love to meet Bob as well. What is he like? Actually I enjoy meeting anyone who keeps a tank. It can even be bath water. ;)

Funny enough when it comes to Reef keeping I attend every lecture I can. You never know when you are going to learn something new. And you never know the lecturer may be a good looking blond. Actually the lady from The Natal sharks board was pretty and blond and she was mumbling something about sharks I think (IMACSA 2007 - Durban). Only joking i found her lecture pretty interesting and I was in two minds about going as we were running out of time. But in the end was glad I did.

Actually our IMACSA lectures had a very high turn out. Although only about 100 people attended the conference every lecture had close to maximum participation. And we want more. So maybe you should sign yourself up as a speaker. We will show you how to drink beer.

Ah yes, I've hung out with Anthony C. on a few occasions. He can be a lot of fun... very nice guy (even if we do bicker a bit). His fiance Christine is also very sweet.

What is Bob like? Ever been around someone who just always puts everyone in a good mood? That's Bob... funny, knowledgable, witty, cheerful, generous, kind... the life of any party.

I keep tellin' y'all I would love to be a speaker! Anthony (DragonReef) even asked me last year, but then he got really busy and I had to come here to track him down. ;)

Yeah it was an absolute pleasure to meet Anthony Calfo this year, very nice person and down to earth. Pity you couldn't make it, but hopefully we'll see you at the next one.

Cool, looks like we have something to look forward to. IMACSA 2008:) Welcome Sara. Heaps of useful info on your website. Look forward to meeting you

Well, the visit may have to wait a bit... but Dean and Anthony (DragonReef) invited me to host my own sub-forum here. How cool is that? :)

Well, the visit may have to wait a bit... but Dean and Anthony (DragonReef) invited me to host my own sub-forum here. How cool is that? :)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats VERY kewl:thumbup::thumbup:

Going to be real nice to have you around

hey its 2.46 AM in Ohio now< shouldnt u be sleeping??

Great news. Glad you have accepted. Well I assume you accepted. Who wouldn't want to spend time with us. :lol: :1::slayer:

edit just thought i should add that the little dancing man is dancing not shaggin. :nono::blushing:

Haha... thanks guys. I am looking forward to it!

Kanga- funny you should say that about the time. I was just setting one of my laptop clocks to your time. ;)

Back
Top Bottom