What do i feed my foxface

Reaction score
Hi guys so i decided to add a foxface rabbit fish to my tank......any suggestions as to what i can feed him

I could be wrong or maybe my one was just weird. I can promise you anything I threw in there be it frozens,flakes,pellets or nori that fox face ate anything
Had to sell it as it grew quickly though

Last edited:
They're algae eaters. So it will eat algae in your tank. You can feed it nori and it will eat other foods along with the other fish. So flakes, frozen etc.

Give him time bud, his whole life has been turned upside down. He's in a place he's never been too, doesn't know anybody, and as @PaulB would say, he doesn't even have supermodels to look at.

If your water parameters are good and the rest of your tank is good, enough hiding place, enough space etc.. he will acclimate and be merry (Hopefully) and feast with the rest of his new family.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are brilliant fish. Mine was also shy the 1st 3 days and now he eats everything out of my hand. He is so cool.

Thanks guys any idea as to wer i can get nori sheets in durban as well as a magnetic veggie clip

not sure about the veggie clip, but you can try woolworths or pick n pay for Nori. Alternatively i'm sure one of the sponsors, maybe @TheWaterboy can help you out with both..

Finally found Nori at spar....but now my tang jus goes pass it and my foxface jus hides n changes colour

Mine eata everything i feed but his favourite is nori with garlicguard. I spray garlic guard on the nori every 2 or 3rd feeding.

Post a pic of your tank, maybe you have sufficient algae and that's what they have been feeding on. In which case they don't feel like your offering right now

not sure about the veggie clip, but you can try woolworths or pick n pay for Nori. Alternatively i'm sure one of the sponsors, maybe @TheWaterboy can help you out with both..

I used to put a squirt of garlicguard on the nori and allow it to soak in . all my fish used to lose their minds for it

Pic of my tank

uploadfromtaptalk1434899009074.jpg

karen where in Durban u at
i feed mine norie and she eats flakes pellets an even live food

Back
Top Bottom