Tom`s tank

:p:! U pay the airfare and ill supply the Peronis! :peroni: ;) :D Thanks guys.

I will use the RO waste for the Koi pond then.

Hey, you want me to come over there and slap you. :nono: Never ever go back to filtered water, UNLESS it is a emergency.

LOL! Well here is the Algae scrubber experiment under the sump cover, i am feeding it with a spray bar.
NewRef2noflash.jpg

Last edited:
Tom - I am QUITE sure that this new algae scrubber will also assist with cooling of your tank's water. Only problem now, is that you will MOST likely need to increase your RO water topup again!

Tom - I am QUITE sure that this new algae scrubber will also assist with cooling of your tank's water. Only problem now, is that you will MOST likely need to increase your RO water topup again!

No problem :) she is automatic.

LOL! My tank is the sump! ;) I have a above tank sump, cause i did not want to drill the Jebo! What i want to add to the line is a 100L drum for growing chaeto or whatever with a permanent 6400k lamp then i want that to flow into the sump with the skimmer as first customer. This drum i would like to setup with a power head in its bottom blowing sideways, so the detritus can be forced to the middle by the spinning , then it can be sucked up from there by the output to the sump via 40mm PVC! :) How dat sound? :D

A butcher's bin will give you more surface area, is shallower and able to get better light distribution than a drum, it may also not require that high a lamp wattage and thus not add too much to your heat build up problem. You can also introduce amphipods and other pods to produce live food. You should try and introduce some to your turf scrubber when it is established.

If you split your turf scrubber in two you can scrape them alternatively (eg. alternate weeks) for nutrient removal.

Crazy Foxy!

Our Foxy took a liking to the pincushion and went and lay in it! Ha.. Ha.. The cushion was not impressed and sulked for days. :lol:
10348efb9fd56418.jpg

Looking Good my old buddy:thumbup:

Hey Sean, nice to see your text again :biggrin:

Yip Tom that certainly does look good

The adults found their way into the main tank and i think they Boxy food. But the wild tank is doing fine thanks. :)

Water change from hell.

LOL! I almost completed my water change and tank clean, when the pipe from the feed pump popped out spraying salt water everywhere. |Including over the plugs. :(

Took the rest of the hour to dry everything off again!

This wat the setup looks like:
103495617fc363f8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom