The Red Sea Skimmer Clan

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
any one please, help me here
Are you asking about the surface attachment for the skimmer? If so I would leave it on permanently, as far as I know the majority of proteins collect on the surface of the water so it is ideal to skim the water surface, thus the reason why coast to coast overflows are popular as they 'skim' much more of the water surface which results in a much more efficient process of getting these down to the skimmer.

Reaction score
Hi Peeps hopeing you can help
I'm trying to set up a berlin classic ,I have foam that overflows the neck but when I put the cup on the foam falls down an inch and won't return . Anyone had this prob before?

Reaction score
hi there, sorry cant help, i have got a sump for my tank, can i use the prizm skimmer inside the sump?

Wetty

Tuned by Tunze, turboed by Red Sea
Reaction score
Bought myself a RedSea Berlin X2 venturi skimmer lastweek friday, very happy with it. So easy to use and convenient. A massive upgrade from my TurboQueen add-a-pump skimmer. :lol:

Wetty

Reaction score
Impeller

My Red Sea Berlin X2 skimmer, the pump has started making a noise when on. A sort of humming rattle noise. Most times its low enough to be ignored...but now and then it ups the volume and irritates me. I took the pump apart, and the impeller looks slightly bend to me?

Where can I buy another replacement impeller? Its a Hydor pump if im not mistaken?

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
If you can verify exactly what pump it is then we should be able to find out who supplies them and if there are spares available, check the name and model of the pump.

Wetty

Reaction score
The forums been stopping me from making a post this past week...but anyhoo

Its a Hydor P10130 2.2m Qmax 1600l/h.

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I have this berlin skimmer

one like this below...
attachment.jpg

Cant seem to make it work... I am using a 1800lph and it was working fine...
any has a manual on how to operate this skimmer?

Reaction score
1800L/H not powerfull enough to drive that skimmer. I would say nothing less than 3000L/H. Try connecting the pump as close as possible to skimmer.

Reaction score
1800L/H not powerfull enough to drive that skimmer. I would say nothing less than 3000L/H. Try connecting the pump as close as possible to skimmer.

Ok will try that... I had a 2900lph as well.

what about the air? where how?:whistling:

Reaction score
Give the skimmer a good clean and try cleaning the venturi on the skimmer. Post some pics after installing the skimmer, will able to assist you in getting it bubbling properly. The white plastic screw on the where the airline pipe runs through is to adjust the air.

Reaction score
Give the skimmer a good clean and try cleaning the venturi on the skimmer. Post some pics after installing the skimmer, will able to assist you in getting it bubbling properly. The white plastic screw on the where the airline pipe runs through is to adjust the air.

ok I will do that later when i get home :thumbup:
I must just get the air part right...

oh the pic above is not my skimmer but it look exactly like it, so I am not even sure if I have that white screw

Reaction score
Hi guys how much does a new ocean runner 2500 pump cost coz I bought a second hand AM SL 1000 just love it works like a boob I stated my 240 lt tank with NSW and I skimmed out 5lt in 4hrs .
Had to shut down the DT tank due to a slow leak but I got the sump running with DSB and LR on top for some seeding

Reaction score
Ok so tested it with the 2900lph pump and it just push the water out the airtube...quiet strong...
do you think and airpump would work?

soz forgot to take pics time was running up lol

Reaction score
The air tube suppose to suck air and that makes the bubbles inside the skimmer. No water should come out of the air pipe. Get a friend to help you set it up and show you how to tune it. I ran couple of this same skimmers and one does require a powerfull pump like 3000L/h. Good luck.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Ok so tested it with the 2900lph pump and it just push the water out the airtube...quiet strong...
That sounds like the venturi is the wrong way around. When you use the standard pump it came with, does it produce any bubbles at all inside the skimmer? You also said it was working fine, what happened, can you give us some more detailed info?

Reaction score
That sounds like the venturi is the wrong way around. When you use the standard pump it came with, does it produce any bubbles at all inside the skimmer? You also said it was working fine, what happened, can you give us some more detailed info?

ok so the venturi is not working...
I added the airtube as in the picture on page one with the tube cut in and angle...
inserted it and attached the 2900lph pump again.
It works but i dont think there are enough bubbles but its looks good coz the bubbles/foam was at the neck... I will check if I have any skimmate when i get home. the 2900lph is very strong, so much noise :blush:

the 1800lph pump wasnt too strong to push up the bubble to the neck.

The previous pump blew:whistling:

Oh i have plugged in the airtube to my dual air pump.
maybe the flow is killing the bubbles?
or the tube angle need to be tweaked a bit?
will see later

Top Bottom