The Red Sea Skimmer Clan

Reaction score
ok thanks, can you tell me the do`s and donts of this skimmer? got this from a friend but no handbook, want to know how to fine tune it, thanks sunburst

Reaction score
ok thanks, can you tell me the do`s and donts of this skimmer? got this from a friend but no handbook, want to know how to fine tune it, thanks sunburst
No sweat. I have a hand book for you. If you have any contacts in Dbn i will drop it off
Don't... raise the bubble column beyond the base of the cone of the collection cup. ie the part that begins to taper.

Do... If you do not have a sump order the surface skimming option as shown in Meks pic

Reaction score
im from cape town, how can i get a copy from you, only guy i know is floh from eco aquatic

Mekaeel

Reaction score
This tells me you have the baby. The baby needs to be primed by blocking the air inlet.
Yip, now thats what i was talking about,the dummy next to the venturi inlet on the cup.

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]hi guys do you think that i should get one for one of my stock tanks :[/FONT][FONT=&quot]red sea prizm [/FONT]

Reaction score
Hey lanzo. whats the size of the tank. Im running one on my 55 gallon tank and it works like a bomb. Its rated for 1200L but i think 400L max. if you gonna use it as a hangon skimmer get the surface skimmer attachment. it comes with the deluxe version. By the way, what you intending to pay for the skimmer.

Reaction score

I got the handbook if you want. Just pm your email address and ill send it;)

Reaction score
i'm getting it for R350, i want to run it on one of my bank of tanks, total vloume of the one i think is 900l and the other one is 750l and the other one is about 1400l

Reaction score
Berlin Skimmer Mod gone wrong

Hi Viper - I did the mod as per you pic. But mine just pumps water out of the venturi pipe. I drille a 6mm hole on the pumps outlet connector and fitted a 6mm rigid airline tubing. Now all I have is a water fountain out of the venture Huh ???

Am i Just stupid since I have noticed many power heads with the venture feature that dont do this.
13924946367e7650e.jpg

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Hi Viper - I did the mod as per you pic. But mine just pumps water out of the venturi pipe. I drille a 6mm hole on the pumps outlet connector and fitted a 6mm rigid airline tubing. Now all I have is a water fountain out of the venture Huh ???
Did you cut a 45 degree angle on the end of the airline (as in the pic)? If you did, make sure it's facing towards the skimmer. Also play around and raise or lower the airline until you find the right spot that gives you the maximum amount of air.

Reaction score
i forgot to tell you lanzo that i get about 1 litre skimmate in a week with my prizm pro. so for the price its definately worth it.

Reaction score
hi there guys, where can i get a survise skimmer for the prism skimmer, not the pro, got the small one

Reaction score
thanks got it but from moin for 170, what is the best way to use it, i need all the detail, do i keep it on or do i just use it for a week or what? please help
thanks

Top Bottom