The best Fish food and Supplements

guys, could I get some fresh calamari from the shops and mash it and feed to my very hungry live stock ???

I wouldn't, you would have to chop it very fine for ornamental fish to eat. Rather get something smaller and less solid.

guys, could I get some fresh calamari from the shops and mash it and feed to my very hungry live stock ???
Yes you can,should the food be fine enough.

One quick question, my fish love the Nutrifin max, slow sinking morsels, are they good?

Fish meal, soy protein concentrate, corn flour, wheat flour, pre-digested plankton, fish oil, krill, squid meal, fish liver meal, oat meal, wheat glutin meal, soy flour, squid liver meal, dried yeast, shrimp meal, laver aquatic plant, wheat germ meal amino acid, lecithin, chlorophyl, canillin, citric acid, vitamin supplements. Says phosphorous min is 0.6% and max is 0.9%

well there you have it.... look at all the pre-processed products that goes into making the food.

Is that a bad thing? Sorry, i'm a newb to the hobby and don't want to hijack too much of this thread

Lowflyer: This might seem like, what the hell, it is a blatant plug for my product but have a look at the Omega One website: OmegaSea
I only recently started a marine tank, but have been running freshwater tanks for a long time.
I feed exclusively Omega one for dry food and the results are really good.
If you wish and if it will be allowed (Mods???) I'll gladly post some growth pics, unfortunately its freshwater fish.
The point here is check the ingredients just like processed food using a lot of preprocessed ingredients is not good for you. (Have you seen Supersize me?) The same goes for fish.

Feed combinations of dry foods, frozen and fresh foods. Dont rely on dry food only.

Thanks Gawiedj, where can i get omega from in East London? I have seen supersize me, so i know the effects. Will def look into it. Thanks, and sorry for hijacking. Oh ya, i chop pees up for my fish and they love it, is this good?

Lowflyer: I would not know about the peas, again in my freshwater experience it works a treat.
I am not sure who stocks Omega One in EL.
Henk deals with the marketing and stuff so here goes HENK!!!!

Where i pitch in again :whistling:

I dont have the Eastern Cape clientlist with me but i will get back to you early in the new week. If your LFS doesnt stock it please get them to contact us :thumbup:

(Have you seen Supersize me?) The same goes for fish.

This worries me.
I don't mean to be of topic with my reply, but I am into dog's and If one of the big name in dog food said that I would stop using their food. I am not big into fish but fat fish to me is a no no:nono: Fat in any animal is not healthy.

Thalion: I am not quite sure what it is you are referring to in that quote, please explain. (Could just be me being dof, it's Friday night and it's been a long week.)

I am not saying that all prepared foods are bad, I am just saying that like in Supersize me where the guy eats Mc Dees 3 meals a day and does some serious damage; it's not good practice to feed your fish prepared foods only. Vary it with some other foods too. (Nothing against Mc Dees; I've been known to chow down on the odd big Mac or Cheese Burger just not for every meal.)

Back
Top Bottom