Test results!

Just to keep it in perspective, a conservative estimate on running costs were £1500 per month, which is around R20,000;)

I use borehole water, and my TDS from the tap is about 95... I thought it would have a higher TDS. Do you think the chlorine and other disinfectants in municupal water is what is pushing the TDS so high?

Which skimmer?

Only saw the front view of the tank, surely he must have a huge skimmer for that system with so many fish? What does he run?

I use borehole water, and my TDS from the tap is about 95... I thought it would have a higher TDS. Do you think the chlorine and other disinfectants in municupal water is what is pushing the TDS so high?

The TDS will also be affected by all the other ions present - calcium, magnesium, sulphates, chlorides,nitrates etc.

If anyone is interested I have a copy of the SABS specs for drinking water which I can post here (in a new thread obviously) so you can see what the typical allowed limits are for impurities in tap water.

wow.that tank is a stunner

The TDS will also be affected by all the other ions present - calcium, magnesium, sulphates, chlorides,nitrates etc.

If anyone is interested I have a copy of the SABS specs for drinking water which I can post here (in a new thread obviously) so you can see what the typical allowed limits are for impurities in tap water.

That would be awesome, thanks Clinton.

Back
Top Bottom